Real Natural Disasters

Real Natural Disasters 2.4.3

FWIW, I kept all settings on 'standard' for this mod and for some reason I got alerts about the same volcano and meteor shower with every new turn (attached save file, which might not be so helpful as it was from very late into the game).
I've removed the 'Sounds' directory, which alleviates the howitzer alert (I know that I could have changed the sounds, but I don't want to hear anything with every turn).

Attachments

• TOMYRIS 743 2046 AD.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 173
Small continents map, if I remember correctly.
You should have around ~90 events per 500 turns approx. It varies ofc with the actual terrain generated. More land, more events. Each type has its own probability assinged to possible risk areas. Anyway, if you really get them every turn its either a bug or a huge bad luck.

FWIW, I kept all settings on 'standard' for this mod and for some reason I got alerts about the same volcano and meteor shower with every new turn (attached save file, which might not be so helpful as it was from very late into the game).
I've removed the 'Sounds' directory, which alleviates the howitzer alert (I know that I could have changed the sounds, but I don't want to hear anything with every turn).
I cannot load this save because I don't have Vikings, but I see that you are using YnAMP.
There was a minor bug in YnAMP up until recently that could cause a repeated event generation in RND. Basically YnAMP was overwriting one of game's base functions, making it unavailable for other mods. RND was trying to use it and got an error that prevented a full cycle of event generation to finish. On the next turn the mod tried to finish it again, getting the same error, and so on. I contacted Gedemon about it and he fixed it, I also added some extra checks for that in RND. So, make sure you have updated RND and YnAMP.

Last edited:
@Rac
I forgot to ask, but do you know how to make the RNDInfoPopup a bit smaller, so it will fit your screen?
Since I don't know yet when the next version will be released, you can tweak it yourself. Find a line in RNDInfoPopup.xml:
Code:
    <Grid Anchor="R,T" Size="500,800" Offset="70,70" Style="DropShadow">
Change the numbers in Size to whatever you want (400,600 should be ok).

Thanks @Infixo, I'm using 450x650 and now the UI is perfect in mine monitor, ah, I also updated the pt-br translations, they had a little semantic errors that now are corrected. If you want to see how the devastation popup got, have a print at the end of the comment
Oh, over the icons, I'm redoing them here in 256x256, because let's just say I saved the icons only in 80x80 and, well, upscaling does not work miracles. It will take a while to get those I modified from the originals and probably they will not be exactly like those first icons that I posted here. See if this size was what you were looking for.

EDIT²: Just to avoid comment spam, I'll keep adding the icons here in this comment; here is an alternative version of the flood icon, it almost looks like the same thing but I think this position gives a better impression of flood. And now the volcano one, all the originals are done, I'll post those extra icons for new disasters soon.

RND_Meteor_Icon_256.png
RND_Tornado_Icon_256.png
RND_Tsunami_Icon_256.png
RND_Wildfire_Icon_256.png
RND_Earthquake_Icon_256.png
RND_Flood_Icon_256.png
RND_Volcano_Icon_256.png

20180412093628_1.jpg

Attachments

• RND_Text_pt_BR.xml
    34.2 KB · Views: 317
  • RND_Config_Text_pt_BR.xml
    6.8 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
@Rac Since you are working with these icons, I have one request / suggestion. Please make Flood more... floody? Or drowning something? Hard to explain, but this is the only icon that I have troubles relating to an event. It shows a water splash (?) that comes from the left.
256 is perfect, it’s always easier to downscale, than the other way around.

When I was looking for an icon for the flood, let's say I did not find anything that resembled or remembered a flood, I looked for rain and storm icons in the collection where I caught others to keep the pattern, but they did not fit well, so I ended up finding this one from here, and I just turned the positioning and cut the edges into curves to look like a stream of water, like the ones that happen right on the banks of the rivers where the flood starts and are stronger and lethal . Maybe if I add something to the background of the image give that impression you want:
splashy-stream_38081.png

Hello, this is mod is great, it adds another optional interesting layer if gameplay becomes too stale, but it seems that:
- You can't repair wonders. Is this intentional?
- Its' only conflict to another popular mod of (Quo's) is that it damages 'bedrock's - in which is foundation/ auto-prerequisite for wall (something which you don't build yourself, but EQ still damages them so you can't repair them)

Hello Infixo. It seems there is some weird mod interaction, causing CTD and a few RND related error messages in lua.log.
Logs@ https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vfhzfqymhz943dn/AABuAKwKCAeCDwblDqJ04WG9a?dl=0
Mods@ https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1296304747
Besides RND, error messages were related to other three mods: "Better Trade Screen", "More Lenses", and "Production Queue".
I tried disabling RND: game still CTD at the same point (savegame and turn-end) but all lua.log error messages were gone. Tried one turn earlier: CTD and a few lua.log error messages related to RND and "More Strategy" mod. Logs@ https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w6qoe968uddizg7/AACFmBY4yMj3d4d-r-SPTokTa?dl=0.

Last edited:
Infixo updated Real Natural Disasters with a new update entry:

Version 2.3 - Wonders immune, QoL tweaks

Version 2.3.0
- Changed: Wonders and Palace are immune to disasters. Reparing Wonders late-game is problematic because the game checks if conditions to place a wonder (like a new one) are still valid and only then allows for reparing. This is often not true because the wonder already occupies the only available spot.
- Added: Possibility to harvest Permament Disaster sites (Volcano Crater, etc.) comes with Sanitation.
- Changed: Lowered a chance to get a permanent resource (from ~70% to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hey how do i make the text in 2.4.1 not portuguese? the civilopedia entries for all of your new additions are all in Portuguese and it's crashing my game.

Top Bottom