1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realignment of States

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by Sigma, Jun 30, 2006.

1. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

Also if he gets elected and the states are realigned he still will have a position as governor since there are a few cities open, and the Governor's Council will work out where to place him.

2. robboo

robboo Chieftain

ICe..sorry for saying the electiosn were faulty. I thought the governors council decided the states without citizens approval once the council was formed.

3. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

No problem. It was my first term as censor so I expected me to make a few mistakes.

4. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

Good point Ice. I guess we have to now hash out exactally how to realign our states. I'll wait until the new term officially begins to start work on that.

5. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Unless the new term officials see a need for a new thread, I think we should pick up in this one and get going on this.

6. ilr_18

ilr_18 Chieftain

Ok so this is my idea on how the states should be realigned, NewPort City and Fort Impervious goes to West Licentia. Const. Falls will go to Auda Minor.
    So basicaly West Licentia has four (abydos, Old Saria, New Port City and Fort Impervious) While Auda Minor will get const.falls, toot uncommon, Auda city and Basillica.

7. Sweetacshon

Sweetacshon In the foetal position

Sounds fair to me ilr 18.

8. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

I would go for:

West Licentia
    Micalian's Gate
    New city at 'Red Dot'
    Abydos
    New Port City
    Fort Impervious

Auda Minor
    Auda City
    Old Sarai
    Toot Uncommon
    Basillica
    Constitution Falls

Leaving Boaring Wallow on it's own (which we must do cos it's the capital).

This reduces the number of Governors required to 3.

9. DaveShack

Interesting...

The CoL speaks of creating states and requiring a 6/10 majority of both the governor's council and the assembly to create a state, but it says nothing at all about the process or requirements for modifying states.

If we consider modifying states as creating new states (with the same name) then we have to follow the creation process, but if we consider adding cities to states or moving cities to different states as not "creating" states then it can be done by any method. Don't fall into the trap of thinking it can't be done because there is no law giving permission, the default rule is it can be done unless something says it can't, any way we want unless a procedure is described.

We can follow the 60/60 rule anyway to be safe, or just make it an ordinary poll.

10. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

Mine as well post a poll, even though the CoL doesn't specify on modification. It's always good to make sure the people agree, and since we wont have everything realigned and ready by the turnchat coming up in a few hours, we arent in much of a race against time. A 2-3 day poll would be fine.

11. DaveShack

A visual might be nice, some people haven't been opening the save so don't know where these cities are. MG is a sticky one, as it will be geographically separated from the rest of its state. After our economy is back on track we'll want to fill in the area surrounding the capitol, which would then make sense to have a state for the original penninsula. We can realign again if needed.

12. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

West Licentia is the red state, Auda Minor is the blue state.

13. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Auda city in West Licentia and New Port and Fort Imprevious in Auda Minor makes the most sense.

West Licentia woudl be all coastal commerce rich cities while Auda Minor would be our production frontier state.

14. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

I think that is a good idea. My plan was a bit geographical east-west(ish), rather than based on types of city (hey, I'm cartographer :lol: )

15. ilr_18

ilr_18 Chieftain

Yes I also think that is a much better idea.But one half of the state is cut off from the other. Why not add toot uncommon to west licentia, and const. falls to Auda Minor.

16. robboo

robboo Chieftain

I will draw up a picture later...but unless I have the wrong idea off of Georges picture the states would not be cut -off.

17. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

Here is Robboo's idea:

But we should make the green state Auda Minor (doesn't make sence for Auda City to not be in Auda Minor) and the purple state South Licentia. But we can rename the states to this or something else after we decide how to reorder the states.

18. Sweetacshon

Sweetacshon In the foetal position

This looks fine to me, and a good idea that North Licentia concentrates on commerce, and South on production (generally speaking).

19. ilr_18

ilr_18 Chieftain

Opps I had the wrong idea. I didnt realize you were adding on to Oldbus's idea.

20. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Yeap that it. I didnt have time this morning to do it. The benefit is the governor can then concentrate on one thing in each state.