References Outdated

Hameigh

Chieftain
I felt like playing RFCE again after playing Civ5 for awhile and downloaded the latest version. When deciding what civ to play I checked the Reference folder and noticed that the UHV maps don't match the latest version, spawn map doesn't have Lithuania, etc. Is there an updated version of the reference folder anywhere? I'm fairly confused by the lists of places to conquer and would like a map to help me know what tiles I need to get.

The province system really obsoletes the need for most of the reference folders....

Hold ctrl on the map to see province borders. The only thing I really think should be added if it hasn't yet is that the pedia should list which provinces each civ flips on spawn.

I think provinces aren't used for spawns and flips, just for stability and some UHVs.
So the "old" settler-, war- and spawnmaps are still in use and mostly up to date, except for lithuania.

Thanks, I didn't know about holding ctrl for provinces which is why I was confused. It would still be nice to have a map of provinces, flip zones/spawning, etc.

Yeah but that map is really ugly and hard to use, I was thinking more along the like of the one for regular RFC which is the world map and you click to make spawn zones appear since that one is really nice.

And a side question while I'm asking, about how much gold would I need on average for Byzantine's 3rd UHV? I had 28k but apparently that wasn't enough. :confused:

Yeah but that map is really ugly and hard to use, I was thinking more along the like of the one for regular RFC which is the world map and you click to make spawn zones appear since that one is really nice.

And a side question while I'm asking, about how much gold would I need on average for Byzantine's 3rd UHV? I had 28k but apparently that wasn't enough. :confused:

It depends. Sometimes you will have enough with 5k, but sometimes you need 30+k. There isn't an average. I think you were just unlucky that some civ focussed on gold that game.

Make sure to kil venice and genoa

Top Bottom