Rejoin a private multiplayer game

Meki

Chieftain
I have a question about PC multiplayer.

Yesterday I was playing a game with my father (internet not LAN, we live in different cities and I am 29). ´
He is on steam, I am on Epic. I hosted the game, but after about 3-4 hours he was DC:d. The game said something like "you are the only remaining human player". We tried everything we could think of to make him rejoin, but we could not make it work.

It was a private lobby, 4 leaders, two computers and us. I have tried to find info online and appearently if yopu play on steam you can invite each other via the Steam overlay? I tried opening up the game from Steam by adding it to my library, but if I do not start it via Epic it has no internet access.

If we cannot make it work, is there some other way we can start a game to avoid this in the future? Like, make it public, have him host it or whatnot. I have only the aztec DLC, he has all of them, if that matters.

If you saved the game then either person who has the file should be able to reload it in multiplayer and continue.
I play on Steam and the only way that's worked to play with my friends on Epic is to choose the "cross platform" Internet play option and send them the "join code" that you get in the lobby. Maybe you can have your Dad host the game from Steam and he can send you the code.

Top Bottom