Release - what time of day?

jesperben

Chieftain
Do you know the precise time of the Civ VI release? Is it midnight and in what time zone?

Because of my calendar this could be a big issue!

Steam and 2K only states the date October 21.

Most Steam games are released at 10AM PST, which is 19:00 in continental Europe and 6PM in the UK. It's not a hard rule as Steam sometimes does release games at midnight, but those are usually exceptions only made for "big name" games.

Usually releases are at 12:00am local time at the release date. This means Asia will be able to play a new game first, then Europe then USA.

However, some game companies want to have a common global release and then it's a time equal for all. Not sure if Firaxis and 2K use this method.

Normally you can preload a game on Steam about 2 days ahead of the release date. When I bought Civ 5 if was preloaded and ready to go the second the release was available. I think that was 12:01am CET for me. I could try to start the game before, but Steam would tell me the game wasn't released yet.

Triple-A games are usually around midnight (01:00 CET) where I live, however if it's 12 AM, then it's 09:00 in the morning for me (CET), so either way, I expect it by morning on the 21st :)

Coordinated global launch would be great, or else I might be forced to do some VPN-trickery like I had to do at Fallout 4 launch.

Civ 5 and BE had different times. I really hope Firaxis realizes what a huge game this is and gives it the midnight EST release like XCOM 2 got.

It really varies from compaany to company. Your best bet is to see how the releases of their latest ganes went.

Xcom2 seems to have been released at 2 different times 12am cet in europe and 12 am est in americas.

I believe with both Civ V expansions, both Beyond Earth and both xcoms it was released, at least in the USA, at midnight eastern time.

It really varies from compaany to company. Your best bet is to see how the releases of their latest ganes went.

Xcom2 seems to have been released at 2 different times 12am cet in europe and 12 am est in americas.
I believe they did something similar with Civ 5, if my memory serves me well.

I hope they do that with Civ 6 as well instead of a set (US) time for global launch.
An Asian, European and American launch time or something like that. It is the fairest approach.

I believe they did something similar with Civ 5, if my memory serves me well.

I hope they do that with Civ 6 as well instead of a set (US) time for global launch.
An Asian, European and American launch time or something like that. It is the fairest approach.

Civ 5 released in mid morning, something like 10am ET. Everything after that I think has been midnight ET.

Again, this is for USA. They have been staggering the release world wide for some games.

This is really important for me to know as well. I'm on EST & I recall getting midnight releases as opposed to 3AM. In America we're typically the first to get everything & it makes strange sense that it would be otherwise for game releases. Anyhow, I requested the afternoon off for a "doctor appointment" & we were short staffed at the time but now we just hired two & after a month of training them I can def afford the day :lol:

Usually Steam world-wide releases are during midnight GMT.

In America we're typically the first to get everything & it makes strange sense that it would be otherwise for game releases.
If it's either a local release or global release, it wouldn't make a difference in America, it'd still be the same time.

The only difference is that with global release times is that the rest of the world gets it later in the day or the next day if you're in Australia for instance.

Top Bottom