Relics in Civilization Revolution

They're just "super goody huts" by the sounds of it.

Fortunately, they've realized this is a feature many people like to turn off, so we can (in Civ4; I am not going to consider Revolutions a real Civ game). If only they had toggles for everything ("No Corporations", "No Espionage", "No Wonders", etc). Not that I dislike them, but I'd like to shake up the game more now and again.)

Heh... I still remember when Civ3 was released and had button to toggle off unique units and civilization traits (since pre-relase there were many complains about this feature).

And it was removed in expansion, since no one was using it!

I like how people always complain about developers refusing to innovate and try new things but then whine and complain when they do exactly that. Gamers are impossible to please.

I like how people always complain about developers refusing to innovate and try new things but then whine and complain when they do exactly that. Gamers are impossible to please.

Relics are far short of innovation, and I certainly wouldn't categorize the concern expressed here as baseless criticism. The game designer, publisher, marketer, and consumer are conjoined. The underlying concern is imbalance among map-types.

Top Bottom