Religion and Diplo Victory

Infixo

Deity
Well yes, you have the straight forward combat ones but harvest goddess combined with monumentality gives you such a strong start, it certainly helps with Dom and also you can buy units with faith
Most of them do with this in mind.
Naturally there is a district/building price to pay for faith but in essence it has become another gold.

You can argue that all the beliefs that boost yields indirectly help Diplo Victory:
  • Beliefs that give science help you reach Seasteads faster.
  • Beliefs that give culture help you reach the civics tree Diplo VP (forgot the name) faster, plus higher tier governments for more Favor.
  • Beliefs that give gold help you win the Aid emergencies plus you can buy Favor from the AI to some extent.
  • Beliefs that give prodution help you build the SoL (that's tenuous, I admit).
  • There's a belief that gives you an envoy the first time you religiously convert a city-state - more Favor if you are the suzerain.
  • If you're Canada - reliquaries=more tourism=more Favor.
As for a direct benefit, I don't think there is one. I think someone suggested 1 Diplo Favor per turn for every civ that follows your religion, and I think that's a good idea, makes going for religion at least somewhat useful in a Diplo game, plus it makes sense that a country would use religion to influence others.

Top Bottom