Religious units/rockstar promotions

Alan McG

Cannelloni
How can you see which promotions you've assigned to your religious units or rockstars? Expanding their action bar does not display the promotion icon like with military unit so, I keep forgetting which promotions I've given them.

(PS4 version, assuming the same on other consoles)

Nobody knows if this is possible? This is very hard to keep track of otherwise, particularly if you play over the course of multiple days.

If you are looking for the tree view like you get with military units, I am not sure there is one. You can use the View Button (XBOX) or the Capture Button (Switch) to scroll through the promotions. The same will work for great people when checking to see how many GP points per turn you or your opponent (AI) have.

I would assume the PS4 acts the same way (Share Button?). Unfortunately I do not own one to verify.

Doesn't seem to work on PS4 : ( The <Share> button just opens the console share menu; the <options> just opens the game's menu.

Military units just have the promotions button within their action bar, even if no promotion is available, so you can always click on it and see which ones the unit has. Unfortunately religious/rockstar units don't so, you need to remember which one you gave them. Quite an oversight from Aspyr..

With the unit selected press the touchpad to bring up the tooltips and then use the direction buttons on the left to highlight different elements of the unit interface. Eventually you will come onto the promotion icons and see in the tooltip what they are.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here but, pressing the touchpad does not do anything for me (with the unit selected or otherwise) : /

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here but, pressing the touchpad does not do anything for me (with the unit selected or otherwise) : /

Weird. It works for me. You should see something like this:

Spoiler :

Select the unit, press the touchpad and then a few more presses to the right (for example) on the D-pad should do the trick. Pressing the touchpad brings up tooltips for anything that is selected.

I wonder if something is wrong with the controller.. I shall try later on a different machine, just to check,and post results here.

With options turn to delay. Use the left thumb stick to highlight the tile, click the unit, push left or right on the unit's movement choices buttons; move the highlighted option left or right of the default highlighted choice. This will display the info window, click the share touch pad button to move the tool window, click it once more to move the tool window to the unit's promotions.

Last edited:
This still does not appear to work.

For my Apostle, by using the left/right arrows, I can select between these options: Spread Religion, Move To, Rest And Repair, Skip Turn, and Sleep.

I don't see an "info window" option, or any way to know what promotion(s) my Apostle has!

Try pressing the share button now that you're on that menu...press left or right, to highlight a choice, and then press share the touch pad . A new window tool tip comesup. press it again to move to the next info. try this same technique on the envoy menu. It is the sameway you cycle through the different upgrades you get per CS. Or also this is how to navagate the Trade screen info. You'll get it eventually.

Last edited:
thanks! omg wow, i literally did not know my controller has a "share" button.

hey, I apologize, it's the big touch pad. not share ... I am really sorry for the Confusion. But, have you figured it out ? let me know and ill post a photo or something to help make it clear

Weird. It works for me. You should see something like this:

Spoiler :

Select the unit, press the touchpad and then a few more presses to the right (for example) on the D-pad should do the trick. Pressing the touchpad brings up tooltips for anything that is selected.
Notice the left most option is highlighted in bright white ; now the tool tip window will display its first set of unit info. click touch pad again and it cycles through.

Top Bottom