Reloading Contexts on Mod Load

Exsolutus

Chieftain
I've been digging through the FrontEnd UI files. What I've found is that everything up to AdvancedSettings is loaded prior to loading mods. This means a mod which attempts to make changes to any of the FrontEnd UI other than AdvancedSettings (and maybe a few other select items) will not have any effect.

So I was wondering if there was any way for a script to run immediately on mod load, and then force the context tree to reload. Is this possible? If so, a quick overview of the method is appreciated. If not, are there any similar alternatives to modding FrontEnd UI?

Thanks, guys

As far as I know that's not possible as a mod, but FrontEnd UI modding can be done as Fake DLC.
Of course as such it cannot easily be shared via Steam Workshop.

That's too bad. Honestly, I'm a bit obsessed with ease of use, so I want to avoid the fake DLC method as much as possible. I feel more complicated methods like that tend to reduce the number of players actually modding their game. I'll keep exploring anyway.

True, although I would guess that people interested in front-end UI modding would most likely be mostly "power users" anyway, so maybe it does not make that much of a difference.

Top Bottom