repeating sounds...

philippe

FYI, I chase trains.
why do i always get repeating sound iand in the end closing of my civ3 with errors?:(its really annoying
ps:first thread here by me!

Exactly what version of the OS are you using, and what language is it in?

Do the sounds continue forever, or do they stop on their own after a few seconds?

What is happening is either the CPU cycles are not available for further processing by the Sound Card, or there is an OS/game issue concerning proper removal of the program and clearing of memory.

More description is needed to give a better answer. :)

ok its microsoft ME and its dutch and the sound is like from a fihting and it just keeps repeating until it crashes:(

Try ctrl+alt+delling and see if anything is [Not responding]
Do not try more than one CTR-ALT-DEL at a time, because when the CPU can clear the logjam, you machine will do a warm reboot and you will loose any other data or unsaved documents, etc. that may have been open.

You should also check all your drives for errors (and repair them)... you can expect lost chains, as the windoze temporary files will not have been closed and the disk will normally have allocation problems (but easily fixed). :eek:

Then the problem is most likely in your sound card's driver. What model and make of sound card do you have, and are the most current drivers for it installed?

This is called an "instability".... the "real" culprit is micro$oft's ME, which is full of many bugs. ME should force a termination, even if the civ3.exe and your sound card cause a system hang on exit.

There is another possibility, and it is this: the video card/driver. Certain things in poorly written drivers can cause this symptom, too.

What video card and what driver revision do you have? Have you installed the most recent video drivers for your card?

Hopefully, you have an nVidia-based card. If so, just go here:

http://www.nvidia.com/

:)

well i did a fully hardrive fault restoeing problem solved:D thanks everyone for helping me,especially starlifter;):)

Ahaaa! So you had broken chains, allocation errors, etc. That can do it too... and mess up other things. Hopefully, eveyone checks their harddrive regularly, and esp. after a system crash.... not doing so can cause lots of problems. I should have had you to do a disk check/repair at first... :) Glad it's working for you now! Chalk one up for the new tech forum!

Top Bottom