Request for outline or pointers for new civilizations.

RxP13

Chieftain
I just had an epiphany and came up with a grand idea for a new Civillization for a mod, but I have never made a mod before or made a civ before either. Since the game mechanics are different in FfH2 than vanilla, I thought it would be good to ask what might be good to use as an outline or list of important things to create in the creative process. If this is in the wrong forum however, I am sorry for inconveniencing everyone.

it probably would be good to look at the sdk too (it can also be found here) if you are planing on doing the programming for the mod.

Here's an outline of how to create a civilization: link

And here's another: link

Good luck with your civ.

Thanks for the links, they really helped. Sadly being a total noob, I am nowhere near to approaching the actual coding and such. Rather I am just outlining and developing the civ. I would really appreciate any help on this one in terms of balancing too, since I would probably screw it up. Anyways, I just drafted this little puny infinitesimally small outline. Any suggjestions would be greatly rewarded... With my gratitude, though thats probably not worth much. :lol:

City Names
Lyngrade
Nidhean
taempo
Naoht'musii
Falvis
Yuipohl
Liverpohl
Uuienen
furamb
Kii
Toh
Rah
Oiram
Lanif
Ysat'naf
Medici
Tochk
Doc'tihk
Qauntuu
Disikoh
Langauge*
Fahktoei
New Origin

*- The explaination for this is that Langauge became a massive trading center for the empire in my idea of the civ, and so the leader decided to name it langauge, after all the langauges that came through that town.

Leader

Ni'toh
Creative, Industrious, Playful*
*- Increases Cultural and Scientific Output, but decreases Economic and Military output. Also adds a small random modifier to relations ranging from +1 to -1.

U.U

Puu: Replaces worker,has a move of three but cost more food. Can be sacrificed to build an improvement in two turns. Can make special Puppets to help them build improvements faster. Building these puppets make them less effective for building other improvements though.

Puupet: Replaces Axemen. Can carry up to three pupets initially ((Increases with upgrades)).different kinds of pupets add different types bonuses. Puppets can only be built by Puupets, and take anywhere from five to twenty turns to complete. Inital stats are Power 3, move 1.

Puppets: Special units made by Puupets, can only be stored in Puupets, Cities, Or Forts. When carried by Puupets, they give special bonuses in terms of limited promotions. They have a power of 1, and a move of 0.

Sprinting Puupets: Replaces Horsemen, cheeper to make and can be up/degraded to Puupet for free. Power 3 Move 2. They can also carry two Puupets.

Needle Puupet: Replaces Archers, these are the same as the normal Puupets except they come with an automatic +1 First strike abillity, and have a capacity of 2.

Masterwork Craftshop: This building replaces the forge and take a little longer to build. When any Puupet is inside a city with a Masterwork Craftshop, they get a bonus to Puppet production.

Masterwork Concerto Hall: Replaces Theater and take 1.25x longer to build. Has a chance of randomly increasing the culture of any conected city with a Concerto Hall.

Hero:
The Perfect Puppet: This special puppet is the only one that can be produced from a city. When equiped, the holding Puupet gets gains the Hero status, increases their stats, and give them the Masterwork Abillity, which increases the Puppet production of any Puupet in the stack. This Puppet has a Move of 1, power of 1, and can only be attacked by scouts or stealth units.

Top Bottom