[Request/Suggestion] Alpha Centauri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexed

Chieftain
OK I think I am posting this in the right area, if not someone please tell me.

I really love what they have done with Civ IV it is so open that we can have near limitless fun with it. In the spirit of that I have a request/suggestion for anyone looking to make a Mod (I really don't have the tech skills, atleast not yet).

Anyone remember playing the Civ III (I think) Alpha Centauri expansion/stand-alone game. The idea was that you acutally get to see what happens when the colonist finally reach their goal. (We did send countless ships out their and I like finding out what happened to them ;) ). You get to start the game with some good tech and keep building up from there. Alien life forms and some weird old civlizations stuff make the game really great to play. One thing I felt was great was that you could customize the map size, I would set it at the most outragous I could and have a world so big that I hadn't explored it all by the end of the game and I am a mad explorer.

This was just such a great game I was wondering if anyone else remembers it and thinks it is also worth Modding.

Well that is all I am posting here for now. Hoping for feedback, praying for a Modder with time on their hands and a desire to go nuts with alien worm life.

Amazing that right below this thread was the one about SMAC...

Check my sig if you can't find the thread.

Great thanks for the info, just checked out that thread. hmm now what do I do with this one? can I delete it or does it just collect dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom