Resource allocation is incredibly frustrating

Question

King
An entire continent (standard size) with NO iron. At all. Stuff like this keeps happening...how do i prevent this? Is there a mod that might help?

No mod needed, just go to advanced settings.
It sounds like "Strategic Balance" which gives every civ both a horse & iron source is what you want.

Well i would like to combine that with the other options, e.g abudant, legendary start, etc. Also does strategic balance work for later resources like aluminium, etc?

Well i would like to combine that with the other options, e.g abudant, legendary start, etc. Also does strategic balance work for later resources like aluminium, etc?

You would need a mod changing map generation scripts to support multiple resource options selected at the same time.

Some of the later game resources are included (like Oil), I'm thinking AL isn't on that list because recycling centers will give AL even if you can't get it from a city state.

What about just modding the other scripts to include the stuff in strategic balance? Or is that too difficult?

What about just modding the other scripts to include the stuff in strategic balance? Or is that too difficult?

What your describing would be difficult as it would require changes to the LUA map generation script, XML, and the graphic interface, your best bet is to check the mods sub forums to see if someone's done it already since it feels like a project that would take a couple of months to me.

Try the Really Advanced Setup mod, and then just add more resources to the map. Like make the map add 10 extra plots of iron, or just add an extra plot within 3 tile of your starting location to ensure you get some.

I cant get that mod to work properly though, the map type/size is blank for some reason...

Top Bottom