Retrieving SQL records via Lua

Smeg

Chieftain
Hi,

I've created a new table within CivBE and now what I am trying to do is retrieve whatever records are in the newly created table via Lua.

I have looked at various tutorials but I cannot seem to get it to work.

Spoiler :

function Test ()

local db = sqlite("CivBEDebugDatabase.db", "r")

local query = [[
select name, email, phone from person
where name like :1;
]]

for name, email, phone in db:records(query, { 'a%' }) do
print(name, email, phone)
end
end

Now this is a simple tutorial code that I'm trying to get working so that I understand the basics. If I try and do a Test() - I get "Attempt to index a nil value"

I'm obviously missing something major here, can anyone assist or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Hi Smeg,

try this:
Code:
local query = "select name, email, phone from person where name like ':1'";
for entry in DB.Query(query) do
    print((entry.name)..(entry.email)..(entry.phone));
end

DB is the static Database object you use to access the Civ Database (and since Query is a static method, it's only a single dot (".") between DB and Query).

Cheers,
Bosparan

Hi Bosparan,

Thanks for this. The code you posted looks to execute without error (unlike previously), however it doesn't display any values. I was expecting to see this in the Live Tuner so that I know it's been executed.

I added a print "test"; within the function so I know that it's being called, but the actual query data isn't being displayed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Smeg

Hi Smeg,

my best guess is a rotten WHERE condition. If that one craps on you, you won't get any returns, but the syntax is correct, so it won't throw errors.
Try an equals (=) on a value you know is in there to verify this.

Cheers,
Bosparan

Spot on Mr Bosparan!

Thank you very much for your assistance on this. Have a great day.

Top Bottom