1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Revolutionizing the Tech Tree Mechanics

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Tutorials, Reference, & Guides' started by Hugin, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Look at Rob's Anno Domini: Different Dawn . Probably the fullest working example of the kind of tech tree you are describing.

2. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

Wait, so it does work that way then?

3. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Tony, I don´t think this is working. As Plotinus posted in this thread, in order to allow era progression, any civ-specific techs must be non-essential for era progression. So in your example you can set the tech "Construction" with the era-none tech "Rome" as one of its perequisites, but in this case the tech "Construction" will become a civspecific tech, that is only available for civs who own that era-none tech. Another question is, if such a tech can be gained by trade or espionage.

4. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

Thanks, man. That makes sense.

Blue, I will have to check out Different Dawn, since I've only played regular Anno Domini.

5. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Diff. Dawn is sort like AD 2.0 - Rob did a lot of more advanced things. His tech tree set up allows for "flavor" buildings for example.