1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rex's Map Pack

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Rex rgis of Ter, Mar 22, 2008.

1. WCH

WCH Chieftain

Hurray!

Yeah, the Clan works too. Really, the Clan and the Doviello are pretty interchangable in my book... research penalty, evil, at peace with barbarians, world spell which gives you a massive army of weak units... they're barely even different Civs. Except that the Clan is generally regarded as much more effective in practice.

2. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

Progress on Arc of the World-

I made four dwarven civs, or calns, all renamed to avoid confusion in the map. There are the Clan Ithralia, Clan Mutanbo, Clan Khazak, and Clan Halowel. Each Cal has an optimal start, and a mountain chain with 3 passes divides the Khazak dwarves from the Luchurip. The Map is coming out nicley and will hopefully be enjoyable.

Progress on Halls of Gold-

Rhoanna in the North, Kandros in the South, and Falamar in the Eastern Sea, make a compelling map, with a mountain range to the west hold every metal save copper. The map is nearing completion, and the new maps should be out tommorow.

I then will tackle the Grigori-Hippi map, and a new concept I've been working on, adventure maps. (more info on them later)

3. Rex rgis of Ter

The Arc and Hall are not as nice as I want, so I'm not releasing them yet. However, the file now contains Sirona's Vale. I willl continue to work on the Arc and Hall.

I'm also trying out your Grigori/Hippus game, and I decided to make the 'minor civs' more powerful. They are a real thorn in the civs back. Both seperate the 'major' civ from the sea, and have bad relations with them. It's going well. Iam thinking of making the map again, but with the Grigori/Bannor on the top, and Hippus/CoE on the bottom. This way, the climate will make sense if I make the Bannor/CoE in jungle, while the others are in grassland/plain. I'm debating having some religions pre-placed.

4. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

Is there an ETA on the next two maps?

5. Rex rgis of Ter

Actually, hopefully today or tommorow. They're coming along, but I need a few little tweeeks before they're finished.

6. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

Huzzah! \o/

7. WCH

WCH Chieftain

So, any news?

8. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

No news, still?

9. Rex rgis of Ter

I've got my ethis week so I'm not really thinking about maps. However on Friday my break starts and you'll get your maps. Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record.:(

10. civplayah

civplayah fronter

Any chance you can have this work with 2.032?

11. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

are you sure it doesnt? i know the maps i made for 0.31 still work for 0.32

12. WCH

WCH Chieftain

Indeed. Save games are not compatible, but scenarios are.

13. Rex rgis of Ter

So Summer has started, I'm on bed rest, so it's perfect time for sceanarios. Arc of the World is almost done, followed by a very interesting map, Age of Dragons. CoE, Kurios, Illians, and Sheaim have taken over the world with their four dragons causing many nations to become absorbed into theirs, or hiding. The four draconic nations face off on the small and hidden Grigori, Amurites, Lanun, and the two elven empires (now united as a team).The map is standard size.

14. Rex rgis of Ter

New Map is being added now.

Cultured Explorers

The Kuriorates and Balseraphs were left as heirs of Patria. Perpentach met with the Boy King and forged an agreement. No war would ever come between their people. The two must abide by this, now seeking to use their culture to take each other's city. However, the Islands surrounding are home to many artifacts useful in combatting the Orcish hordes that will attack. The Artifacts are guarded by Sucellus' Cult, Tali's Elves, Enchantments, Dwarves, and many more. In order to survive they must become cultured Explorers.

15. WCH

WCH Chieftain

Perpentach is insane, why would he make (or honour) an agreement to do things a certain way?

16. Rex rgis of Ter

It has been said several times that Perpentach is very honorable. True, he is insane and unstable, but he keeps his promises. Unfortunatley, he has a way with words which allows him to keep his honour clean often.

EDIT: Alright, it doesn't really make sense, but I had to explain the Always Peace setting somehow. Just pretend...

17. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Yeah, part of his insanity is a pathological need to keep his word. He'll follow all your agreements to the letter, but make you wish he didn't. He won't keep the spirit of the agreement.

A word of advise: Don't use any idioms that you don't want taken literally.

18. domino36963

domino36963 Chieftain

Does acheron move in the "Age of Dragons" scenario? I remember it not having any movement (stationary).

19. Demus

Demus Chieftain

i just tried the cultural explorers map, and must say i quite liked it, even though there are a few major issues with it. For one, the explorations are mainly for fun, since none of the items found are actually of any use in a no-war map. Secondly, the balseraphs have a very distinct advantage in this map. Since perpentach starts out as creative, he'll most surely grab control of the remnants of patria in the center of the island. This 2 food 4 hammers tile allows him to get workers and buildings out of the gate a lot faster than cardith.

By the way, OO is by far the best religion for this map. For fun: get a speaker, upgrade him to command 3, and get as much of the special units as you can.
    Note: the AI disbanded a couple of the units. The hammers, the netherblade and the infernal grimoire all were unprotected.

20. Rex rgis of Ter

I'm upgrading the map soon.

I was playing as the Kuriorates and used my world spell on the first turn to get Patria, which I held for the entire game. I founded FoL and got about 7 great artists by turn 300. Currently, Jubillee is 40% Kuriorate culture, so I think the starts are fine.

I noticed the barbarians disband units, so I'm going to get rid of the Netherblade Island. I'll get rid of two fauns and change the third to a Saytr. The Dwarves will be lessened but start with upgrades.

The Grimiore is supposed to be unguarded. If you mouseover the tiles leading to it, they require level 15 to pass through. It's a bug I discovered. When you place the Ring of Carcer on a tile the 15 level ability remains even after it is deleted.

Also, I'm adding Compact enforced, so Perp doesn't suummon Hyborem. He spawned in the barbaric south, so no Barbs would spawn.