1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rex's Map Pack

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Rex rgis of Ter, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Xuenay

Xuenay Chieftain

I tried playing Cultured Explorers as a multiplayer game with a friend, but we got an Out Of Synch error from turn one. Re- and disconnecting didn't help, as the OOS hit the instant he got connected again.

Have others tried playing these maps as multiplayer, is this normal? Might the fact that we were playing 0.32e, and the maps were designed for 0.32b, have anything to do with it?

2. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

New Version-

Cultured Explorers
    • Removed several dwarven shadows
    • Misty Island is now only for looks
    • Fauns removed, 2 saytrs added
    • Balor Removed
    • Compact Enforced added and Requires complete kills removed

Mulcarn's Waste
    • Changed Doviello Starting Units (Added Lucian)
    • Added Brigit and Ring of Carcer (It's well hidden)

I finished my Kuriorate game and flipped Jubillee on turn 334 (Better than Legendary Culture). However, Requires complete kills and Hyborem prevented a conquest victory.

3. Demus

Demus Chieftain

i could pick up the grimoire with a waterwalking cultist, which was nowhere near level 15... so that's not working

4. Rex rgis of Ter

I'll take a look at it.

I'm thinking perhaps of deleting that island and replacing it.

Thanks for the feedback.

5. Demus

Demus Chieftain

by the way, just out of curiosity: how on earth are you supposed to get a lvl 15 unit? i cleared the entire map using 1 speaker backed up by 2 cultists, and the speaker only got to 9.

6. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

That cultured explorers map was very fun - a really interesting play style. When can we expect more?

7. Xuenay

Xuenay Chieftain

Since you didn't mention any 0.32b / 0.32e updating, I take it that that version difference isn't a likely reason for the OOS errors mentioned in my previous post?

8. Rex rgis of Ter

Version difference is probably not the reason. But I've never played multiplayer and know little about it.

@Demus

You can only get 100 xp from barbs, so you must attack Perp. I got a lvl 10 hill giant from harassing him. You have to use HN units. A smart strat would be to attack the city when you control a tile beside it.

9. Rex rgis of Ter

The Magick Isles

While Os-Gabella and Valledia the Even build up their empires in far away lands, Dain and Tebryn Arbandi were sent to lay claim to the most magical land in Erebus. Conatining many mana nodes, several islands, including the Isle of the Beast, Isle of Balance, the Red Isle, and more, the two mages must use their magic to overcome and lay claim to the Magical treasures of the isles.

Civilizations:
    Amurites
    Sheaim

The Isles include-
    Isle of the Beast
    The site of a once great mage city of Patria, the lord of the isle, Gastrius destroyed when the inhabitants rose up in favour of Kylorin. He destroyed the city, and turned the three leaders of the rebellions into Minotaurs cursed with a uncurable disiease.
    Isle of the Crown
    This is the centeral and largest island, home to Dain, Tebryn, and the Large obstacle between them.
    Isle of Balance
    A symmetrical island inhabited by Druids who worship Dagda.
    Nantosuelta's Isle
    The Icy Isle
    A frozen Island to the north ruled by a witch and her frostling subjects.
    The Red Isle
    A fiery hell on earth home to rifts between Erebus and Hell.

On Age of Dragons-

Expect to see some regions in Age of Dragons to look like come of these maps!
    (Cultured Explorers, Alfheim, Magick Isles, Mulcarn's Spine, and Sirona's Vale are all included.)
    It's a standard sized map so it's takinga long time. Also, I'm working a map for gods of Old so there is a delay.

10. Rex rgis of Ter

Sea of Copper

The Sea of Copper did not use to exist. In the Age of Magic it was a great basin where the Kraz- Ke- Zhun mined and built their cities. When the age of Ice came, the basin was filled by glaciers, which melted upon Mulcarn's death creating a sea. The sea is known for it's bountiful Metal Ore, which has attracted many Tribes. The Khazak and Hippus start on continents on either side of the map, with the Lanun starting on a southern island.

Civilizations:
    Hippus
    Lanun
    Khazak

The muses struck me so I created this map out of whim.

11. Morni

Morni Chieftain

Surely you mean Amurites and Sheaim?

12. Demus

Demus Chieftain

Just played through the first half of a khazad game on this map. There are two things i think need improving with their position:
    1. I would have strongly prefered it for there to be a land bridge to the mainland. Right now, they need to use boats to get out of their corner of the map.
    2. The gem island. Unfortunately, you need a road going from the resource to a city in order to gain that resource. Since it's on a 1-tile island, the only way for the khazad to get gems is to settle on top of the island.

13. Rex rgis of Ter

1. The Map is supposed to have a strong amount of ship use. The Khazak can expand south and fit many cities, followed by founding on the northern island.

2. The Gem Island is a plains, hill (+1 hammer, ) and has 4 (5?) sea food resources. It's made to be a ssemi- GP farm.