River vs Non-River City Settling

I feel non-river has been overnerfed. Well at 2G maintenance is too much, it's too hard to manage early gold as is and 2G for base 1F1P is too much, especially with how Herbalist/Granary at a 1G maintenance can be in comparison. Making it cost 1G maintenance would make it okay with River still being superior because as-is, by the time you can afford Wells you pretty much need to have worked Markets everywhere, which means you will be close to W. Mills - and tbh even then it's a pain in the ass for the few last versions as before Currency just building and working Markets still makes me dip into heavy -Gold. Still, ancient era buildings shouldn't cost 2G imho.

If that makes the Well too good in comparison, just give something more to Water Mill, like having it give 1F for 1 pop less but I think it'd still be okay.

Watermill is a tad too strong now, 2f 3p 1maintenance. Well 1f 1p 2maintenance.

But at least, the tech requirement justify for it. So we cant really compare this two directly.

I think it's generally fine right now. Would be interesting to have a third category of cities though - non river but access to fresh water (ie next to lake) - maybe wells in those cities can give an extra food or something?

I think it's generally fine right now. Would be interesting to have a third category of cities though - non river but access to fresh water (ie next to lake) - maybe wells in those cities can give an extra food or something?
I don't think that's possible. I also don't think adding food to lakes would be a good idea, as that could make the well clearly superior in some situations, and the Aqueduct already does that.

Top Bottom