Road to War Numerical strength values.

Sir_Lagalot

Chieftain
Hello new user :). I love the mod for Road to war but one thing really puts me off my rocker in pertainance to the mod. Before you do anything, I understand that the Numerical values were built in there for balance reasons (such as all tanks and infantry having set values in which they upgrade too). But what really bothers me is that items of great value to the war are vastly understrengthed, or items of lesser value are greatly overpowered. Take for instance, the Soviet T-34 and the Italian M-39. They are both given the same strength value, even though one was by Far superior to it (the T-34). another example in the mod is the chinese medium tank in the pacific version, the T-26, is actually better than the japanese Ha-go, Even though the japanese variant sported thicker armor, an upsized gun, but lower speed. I understand the need for standardization in a mod of this size, but such things like that really put us history buffs to shame :( . What would be suggested, in the case of the lighter tanks are a increased movement radius (from 4 to 5) with less strength.

I would understand that such modifications based on strengths would greatly undermine the potential of some civilizations in the game to defend themselves, but here is the solution; for an example the chinese were known for there massive population and army, but highly ineffective, and only held the japanese off by the sheer size of it. Thus, the chinese infantry, (which should actually be less value than the japanese infantry) should be greatly lowered in cost to offset the obvious advantage the japanese have in strength.

(heh, you might want to add in some of the German trained divisions as a viable infantry {but expensive} the chinese could produce).

Thus, in the case of the russians, in my case, would increase the T-34's cost to around 32 (better than the germans) but either greatly increase the cost for the russians to produce it, or increase the power of the nations at war with them (the germans).

Now I understand that such concepts would take much efforts to balance correctly based on shield cost, but hard work pays off with a great game.
Fully customized unit sets, although very difficult to balance, would make the mod on par and even above those of set game titles specifically designed to show World War Two in its full Glory (or infamy).
Just an idea to add to improve the world wide version :goodjob: .

For instance, Tank strength, instead of being modeled by set increments and classifications, instead of could modeled by the size of a gun.

Also suggest changing starting tank of germans from Pznkmpwg IV to III
Strength values
T-26 is equal to M39, Sherman is equal P40, T-34, Panzer IV, Etc.

PM sent.

BTW, the first German tank is the Pz-II, then the Pz-IV, then the Pz-VI (Tiger).

And T-34's were on par with Pz-IV's, KV's were on par with Tigers. Though all historians love to debate this. ;)

But why give a T-34 the same strength value as the italian tank? You should nerf or beef up one of them.

Top Bottom