[GS] Rock Bands Tips

kreal

Chieftain
Rock Band Tips
Each rock band performance adds to total tourism against a specific civ, which in turn generates foreign tourists.
  1. Send rock bands as soon as you unlock them to the closest neighbor to generate tourism as early as possible for efficiency. There is no reason to wait as the tourist victory bar keeps rising every turn. See Sogergaming’s video https://youtu.be/uV4nnCMb_2w
  2. Target civilization that has the most modifiers, so that total tourism production is the highest. Like Open Borders +25%, Trade Routes +25% (+50% Online Communities policy).It might be beneficial to change the government to reduce the Different Governments penalty, especially when it gets to -40%. But it is situational.
  3. Ideally target the rival that produces the most domestic tourists (usually most culture per turn), because that civ sets the bar for the foreign tourist you have to generate to win. You will slow down or even reduce the number of the domestic tourists produced, thus reducing the benchmark you have to surpass to win.
  4. Pick a promotion that increases the band's experience level and, by extent, survivability chances on districts that AI builds most
    1. Glam Rock for Theater Squares (+2 levels of experience)
    2. Space Rock for Campuses (+1 level +500 tourism)
    3. If neither is available then pick Album Cover Art promotion to play on the Wonder tiles (+1 level).
  5. The promotions offered often overlap for rock bands bought in the same turn. So to get better promotions, wait a turn to purchase the next band. Although the exponential cost would eventually be so high (2500 faith for example), that you could only buy 1 band every couple of turns.
  6. Pick Wonder tiles to play on for a band that has no promotion that is helpful. By default, without any promotion, Wonder tiles provide the most tourism value per performance (1000 tourism).
  7. Go to War with a rival whose culture production and domestic tourist humber is high. Even though war will bring diplomatic penalties, in some cases it will allow you to reach the foreign tourist benchmark faster, provided that other rivals generate much lower numbers. See Sogergaming’s video
  8. Settle or conquer a city that would serve as a launch base for the rock bands to target a rival on a different continent. But consider the previous factors, such as modifiers and distance first. See Sogergaming’s video

Are you sure about point 2? I mean when I did rigorous testing the tourism applies is raw and not modified. What have trade routes and open borders got to do with a rock concert?
point 2 and 3 conflict and point 3 is preferable normally
We did some working out on how to get the right bands, I’ll see if I can dig it out
not sure I am a fan of your advertising though, and a 1 minute 38 video on it is not fantastic
naturally there is a thread link below this post that has a link to rock band help you should read if you have not already

Last edited:
Top Bottom