Roman Capital City Granary Bug?

thelibra

Future World Dictator
One thing I noticed last night, and I only noticed this with Rome, in the capital city. Apparently I couldn't build a granary. I didn't already have one in the city, one didn't show up in the building list, and my neither my green nor yellow plains were producing extra food. I had pottery already, and could build the granary in all my other cities, but not the capital city. This was very frustrating. Has anyone else noticed this? Can anyone else run and test it to see if the same happens for them? Shouldn't be more than about 5 minutes work.

Thanks in advance!

Reeeeally? That's interesting. I've been purposely choosing city sites that are on grassland, and avoiding the yellow squares as much as possible, because they only give 1 food. But I could swear the granary affects the grasslands as well? Something is making them produce more food at least.

Plains = 1 food without granary. Once you build a granary, plains produce 3 food each for that city. If you have enough gold to rush a granary, it's definitely worth it.

Reeeeally? That's interesting. I've been purposely choosing city sites that are on grassland, and avoiding the yellow squares as much as possible, because they only give 1 food. But I could swear the granary affects the grasslands as well? Something is making them produce more food at least.

Irrigation gives +1 food on tiles next to a river, that's probably how you get the +1 food on grassland.

Good lord... it would have been nice for the game to actually say these things. Thank you all very much for the info. It'll help if I end up buying the game.

The spaces that give less usually benefit in the long run. I usually build with Grassland and Forest, with plenty of Plains and Hills/Mountains in the Courthouse region.

Top Bottom