1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG managers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: RPG' started by Lord Civius, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

RPG Managers

Spoiler :
    Section V. RPG POSITIONS

a. Game Manager: The Game Manager is responsible for the overall flow of the RPG game. He can take over the duties of any other manager at times of need (manager absent or manager is personally involved in a transaction). Is also the ART manager and responsible for all accounts and transactions thereof.

b. Item Manager: Responsible for keeping official track of what items each player has.

c. Price Manager: Responsible for maintaining the resource items list and appraising new or upraded houses to determine their real estate value.

d. Assistants and Rule Change
    Each manager may hire as many assistants as required to handle their responsibilities. Rule changes require a unanimous vote of all filled and active manager positions. If a manager has not responded to a rule change request in 7 days they are assumed to have approved the change.

e. Appointments
    Managers are elected and serve until they resign or receive a vote of no confidence. This is an open poll and requires a 2/3 majority of RPG citizens to hire or oust a manager.

f. Departed Players
    If a player departs quietly (does not announce their departure) they can be declared permanently departed by any Manager after the following criteria are met:
    • ART account has gone inactive (no RPG activity for ~4 weeks).
    • No response after a week (or negative response) to Manager PM/email.
    When this happens, the player's posessions are removed/distributed in the following manner:
    • Any public or private debt is to be paid off or distributed evenly between lenders.
    • ART account is closed with any Yenarii left going to the RPG Market.
    • Partner shares are disolved (example: a 4 partner company would become a 3 partner company).
    • Property and possessions are auctioned off. Proceeds go to the auctioneer (20%) and the RPG market (80%) to be used for special events and such.
    • Land grants are returned to the Bureau of Land Grants and become part of the next availability.

This thread is to be used for RPG managers and those that wish to become managers only. Any players that would like to become a manager please post here. The positions open are:
    Lord Civius: RP Manager
    Vandal Warlord: Price Manager
    Cyc: RPG Assistant

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

As I know most of what's going on here, I'll volunteer for the RPG Assistant. :thumbsup:

3. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I can do any of them. Whatever you want Lord Civius. :goodjob:

4. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

OK Vandal how about the Price Manager. This is an important job as you will give all new items a Y value in the market. Shortly after the Land lottery we will hopefully see a few manufacturing companies sprout up. On the first one lets discuss the values before you set them so you can get a feel for it.

5. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Will do, Cheif!

6. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

7. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Vandal,
    First off lets update your post with the first items on the list. I have already approved them so lets add the povertys pub to our price list. We are going to do this on a business by business basis. Change your posts Title to "Items Price list" then add this quote to your post. If you know how to, change all the Y's to the Yenarii symbol. You can also resize, bolden or underline the info if you want ti neaten it up.

8. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

:salute: Will do!

9. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Glad to have you aboard Cyc. Right now there is not much you can do as you can't edit my posts. I am human and prone to mistakes so your official duties for now will be having my back :coffee: . A tedious task of looking over the transactions, accounts, grants and such to verify all is right in the RPG. Any questions you can answer in the questions thread will be hlpful too.

10. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

If I can be of assistance RP-wise, either with items or anything else, please say so. I would like to help if possible.

11. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

We will need an items manager eventually but for now there are but 2 items :sad: . This will hopefully change soon. If you could think of a good RP thread for such a list that would be great. If you want to manage this thread it is yours.
    I have started to look over items from the past and want to grandfather them into the list. For example I own Blackwind, a horse I won in Blastoids horse race. I know a few other citizens were given horses too. There is also an ancient club "the Negotiator" that was wielded by Civius the 1st millenia ago, it is a family heirlum.
    So this is where i am at so far on the Items list manager position so any ideas would be great, or if you want to take on the position :goodjob: .

EDIT: Let me lay out the difference between the 2 positions,

Price manager- Keeps a detailed list of items, and their wholesale value, available for sale from businesses.
    Items manager- Keeps an official list of who owns what items.

12. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Proud to serve Lord Civius. One thing I might ask about is the post I made in the new ALG thread about fed1943's prior land grant tile. I believe you renewed his LG, but his information does not appear on the Arete map. Good work on the maps and info, tho. :goodjob:

13. Diamondeye

Hmmm. You already have the "personal items" in the ART, I dunno how much that differs from the horses and heirlooms...

14. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Well I plan on moving it eventually so the account thread isn't overwnhelmed. It will be a while before the move is needed, but it can be moved at anytime. You specificly requested something RP and or soemthing to do with the items. I gave you both :D .

15. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Crap I forgot about it with everything going on. I'll put it on the map when I update it after the land lottery.

16. Diamondeye

No rush, when you have time for that list, I will be more than happy to help you out if you need it. Just say so ;)

17. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

:goodjob: will do my friend.

18. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Anyone have experience with spreadsheet/excel? RL issues and other CF obligations aren't leaving me much time to keep up. Basicly what I need is an easier way to update the ART and ALG. I haven't done a spreadsheet in so long that I basicly have to relearn it and I don't have the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

19. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I have a done of experience with Spreadsheets just tell me what I have to do and I'll see If I can do it.

20. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

GREAT!!! Basicly take all of the info in the ART accounts. Give each RPG citizen a line with their Yenarii, LGs, base salary, modifiers etc. After each TC a manager can update more efficiently. See what you can do as you have more experience than me.