[RT] Victory Conditions

Barathor

Emperor
So, the three affinity victories are remaining and the hybrids will have have access to these as well.

After thinking about it, I'm guessing the hybrids won't be able to choose a victory between their two affinities, they'll have access to only one, like the pure affinities.

Promised Land: Purity and Supremacy/Purity

Transcendence: Harmony and Purity/Harmony

Emancipation: Supremacy and Harmony/Supremacy

Supremacy/Purity

It's a little awkward to envision S/P invading the Earth with its military to "emancipate" earthlings from the planet (because they're certainly not going to forcibly emancipate them from their flesh).

It makes a lot more sense for S/P to welcome the earthlings to their new planet where the machines serve them all and allow humans to live more luxuriously, freeing up time and energy to focus on and enhance both their knowledge and their culture through many different artforms.

Harmony/Supremacy

It's a bit strange for a rampant, power-by-any-means hybrid like H/S to be one with the planet and live harmoniously within its ecosystem. I believe they would be far more likely to exploit it, like Earth, and then look for another planet to exploit and consume for their own needs.

It makes a lot more sense for them to invade Earth and "emancipate" the earthlings by assimilating them into their ranks and stripping whatever is left of Earth (its resources, living and non-living).

Purity/Harmony

It doesn't make a lot of sense for P/H to welcome inferior earthlings to their new planet and contaminating the gene pool of their population.

However, it makes some sense for P/H to leave Earth and its inhabitants behind and focus on themselves and the planet they're on instead. Merging with the consciousness of the planet can bring them closer to a god-like, superhuman state and allow them to live in perfect harmony with everything while undoubtedly unlocking more secrets to life, such as immortality.

Currently all Affinities have access to all victory Conditions

The only thing you need for Promised land is 13 levels of Purity... you can still do it if you have 18 levels of Harmony and Supremacy.

Its which is sooner.... which means the Hybrid Victories are Contact+Conquest

Of course... but I'm saying, for example, maybe the Promised Land requirement is now 13 Purity OR X Purity / X Supremacy to make them more accessible to certain hybrids. The values would probably still need to be somewhat higher, but it would still help these victories to not be so far out of reach for hybrids.

I'd prefer them cost 18 Purity or 13 Purity/13 Supremacy :p

But I assume you're right, it would be strange if hybrids could choose between victories. One alternative would be to allow both victories but make one require 11 Purity / 8 Supremacy and the other one 8 Purity /11 Supremacy though.

Agree 100% with Barathor and 50% with Ryika [the 13/13 thing is nice, the 11/8 vs 8/11 not so much].

Huh, neat. I like this interpretation of the hybrid affinity victories, really hope we see something like that. Bonus points if we see some changes in the flavour text depending on whether you hybridise or not!

Very nice approach for hybrid affinity victories. I also think that the level requirement should be higher for all affinity victories.

I look at transcendence victory and the harmony affinity in a different light. While it could be aimed at peaceful symbiosis with the planet, there's also a much less "harmonic" side to it. Consider the Mind Flower as a giant global mind control device, slaving every alien (and maybe human too) on the planet to an artificial hive mind. Rather than eradication or just ignoring them like Purity and supremacy, the aliens could be enslaved and the natural life of the planet under direct human control. So actually, transcendence victory for Supremacy-Harmony makes sense.

In order of preference,
1. Hybrids have their own unique victory
2. Hybrids have unique ways to qualify for the existing victories
3. Hybrids qualify the same as always

I'd guess they are going with #3
Transcendance will still probably only need 13 Harmony affinity
Which means pure Harmony will reach it far before true hybrids (but the Harmony may benefit from Hybrid units/Boosts.

I just hope that you need a similar amount of time to win for each victory type in RT. With artifacts will a contact victory take even longer the 30turn countdown to finish? Hopeful their will be a way to decrease the amount of time it takes to win a contact victory in RT. The purity victory normally take longer to complete than supremacy/harmony because of travel time. While harmony/supremacy both can be decrease but the type of builds/units you have at that time.

Top Bottom