Saved Game Editor - For Civ 3 Complete?

I am using both Civ3 Complete and Civ3Multitool in V1.12.6 without trouble.

What is the problem? :confused:

I use and love it!

one issue, please forgive me, however have searched here and Apolyton high and low, cannot find a save game editor where you alter or edit terrain once game starts.

Here is my quandry:

I am 57..dont play MP or PBEM only sp

I would like to start a massive game..as game unfolds place terrain for AI to expand to later in game...however cannot find anywhere this is possible?

If you or anyone else knows, sans insults..please share.

NOTE: You have not insulted however noticed a few asking questions over the years and someone responds "Hey look how old thread is,..go to end *&^%$#

Many here love playing this game and are simply seeking assistance.

Regards

Gramps

Are terrain types not alterable by exporting the map, changing it and then importing it?

Ok, bear with me...I am playing a game, save it...then what do I do to alter terrain and continue on?

Not trying to be a dummy here, just having a hard time finding the saves?

Regards

Grandpa Troll

You open Civ3MultiTool, you open the SaveGame Modifier and then you load a savegame, maybe "/Civilization III/Conquests/Saves/test.SAV".

You go into the Map tab, choose export and a file to export it into, maybe "/Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios/test.biq".

You open the standard scenario editor of C3C. You open the before mentioned biq, alter the terrain and save it in the same file.

You switch back to the still open SaveGame Modefier and import the biq file, maybe "/Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios/test.biq". Then you save your savegame.

Please note that i did not try this procedure. Also note that certain terrain changes may create problems. Cities are not meant to be on sea tiles etc.. Also there might be other issues that i even failed to image, yet.

Wish I could get my hands on the source code for C3MT save editor. There's an annoying bug that reads months wrong. If the month in a save game is December then the save game editor wont load it, it'll just hang because there's a critical error. It's an off by one index error, basically every month is being read as the one after it.

This can be observed by trying to load a save of the ww2 in the pacific Scenerio in Civ3 complete.

Top Bottom