[GS] Score Victory.

Tech Osen

Emperor
My usual set up is standard size map, standard speed, with standard amounts of civs and CS and emperor difficulty.
I still miss a score victory for the HoF but I don't like cheesing it by disabling the other victory conditions or using a specific set up. Is that at all feasible? Countering a rival cultural victory should be doable but also keeping everyone indefinitely from launching the exoplanet might be hard. Anyone have any succes with this?

Capture every city of every AI civ, except one last capital - that should do it, but you would have to prevent your own cultural victory, and that would be hard in such cirumstances, perhaps impossible?

Countering a rival cultural victory should be doable but also keeping everyone indefinitely from launching the exoplanet might be hard. Anyone have any succes with this?
Have you ever witnessed AI launch the exoplanet? Pre-September patch I only had one and only such experience. They used to stagnate after reaching Mars. Post September I'm still in my second deity game, reached ~t340, tech leader Mongols have finally researched exoplanet tech, but not yet launched.
I imagine, if you try and keep a few AIs on fairly equal footing city count wise, they should tech pretty much equally and start wrecking each others spaceports quite efficiently. Your own spies will need to keep an eye and help where needed :)
And now, I would not be so complacent about stopping cultural victory neither. It seems, AI discovered the Rock Bands and are not afraid to use them. And some of them are lucky enough to reach such proficiency that they generate up to 20 000 tourism per concert.

Score just means you didn't finish on time and the game ends... I'd say that's not a miss in the HoF!

Have you ever witnessed AI launch the exoplanet?

Actually yes, in my last game Egypt launced shortly after I did. But either hadn't reached the booster techs or didn't use them. If she would have I might have been in trouble because she had multiple spaceports to my one.

To win by score is the most fulfilling to me,
because it can be most challenging to avoid winning or losing via other conditions, and also
because it takes a long time (like 750 turns). Getting around to starting a new game is problematic for me: it can take a week or few.

Top Bottom