[C3C] Scores are a mystery

patinthedesert

Chieftain
I don't usually worry about the score at the end of the game, but I tried an experiment and do not understand the result.
Since I moved up to Regent level the last 2 months, I have been playing to Domination victories. I decided to try to get a Space Race victory instead. I know it would take longer but I figured I would be rewarded with a higher score. So my last game was played with Ottomans on a small Pangea map that was set to 70 or 80% water. I had taken it to a Domination victory without much trouble. I always prioritize the tech tree even when going for Domination. I re-loaded to a save I took about 6 or 8 turns before reaching Domination and stopped the wars and started focusing on developing and tech. I started building all the wonders as they came available. Also research labs and such. I had to abandon a couple of cities on islands to over growing to 66% and also one on the main continent I gave back to the Greeks. And I limited the army size to keep the expense down. I did stay in Republic but thought about whether it would be worth switching to Dem. It took me like 5 hours to build up then build the spaceship components. When I launched the spaceship and won, I got a score that was only ONE POINT different than the domination victory.
So I don't understand how it calculates the scores. But it seems like I get no credit for all the wonders and tech advances, etc.

Each turn, your score is calculated. Your final score is the average of your per turn scores. The value is the sum of your territory and numbers of happy and content citizens; you also earn a score bonus (2050- win date) for early victory, both of which are multiplied by a value based on difficulty level: 1 for cheiftain, and 8 for Sid. You recieve a point bonus for future tech but it's a small value. You don't get points for wonders and tech advances, etc.

Thanks for the info. That older thread covers the subject very well. I will try to incorporate some of the points in the next game. In looking at the last game I never did the sanitation advance (an optional tech) as I was concentrating on the space race. So I could not build Hospital and grow any cities past 12 pop. That should have gained some points. Also boosting the Lux rate to make more happy faces.

Once I have a tech lead, I often need to trade a tech to the 2nd or 3rd place AI to get their luxury item. It's possible to trade for Sanitation from the AI, if you want to boost your population and score.

Once I have a tech lead, I often need to trade a tech to the 2nd or 3rd place AI to get their luxury item. It's possible to trade for Sanitation from the AI, if you want to boost your population and score.
I would have traded if I could. The 2 civs that were left were both pretty weak and did not have sanitation. They seemed to be more interested is stuff like Fascism and Refining.

Top Bottom