Searching for a missing mod: Modern Start Improved

RustyShackleford

Chieftain
I'm not sure where to post this but I felt like the this might be the right board. If not then my apologies. But I'm looking for a piece of civ-content I used to play a lot of in the past. When I had installed Civ 3 on Steam previously came with a mod called "Modern Start Improved". It was, as the name implies, a mod that started the game in the modern era with a number of changes to make the era more varied with new buildings and units. It had shown up in every install of the game I had since I first played it. But when I reinstalled 3 recently the mod was suddenly nowhere to be seen. Every other piece of civ-content is in there but not that one specifically. I was wondering if anybody is familiar with this mod? And if so would anybody know where I could find it? So far all my searches have turned up nothing related to that one mod in particular. I would appreciate any assistance in helping me track it down.

The PtW scenarios folder holds bix for the Modern Start (and the Industrial Start), but as far as I have seen, there are no new buildings and units in them (if the C3C main file is not boosted). Modern Start improved could be a mod of that bix.

The PtW scenarios folder holds bix for the Modern Start (and the Industrial Start), but as far as I have seen, there are no new buildings and units in them (if the C3C main file is not boosted). Modern Start improved could be a mod of that bix.
There is also a Middle Ages start.

Well. Its the damnedest thing. Despite it repeatedly being missing after many reinstalls previously, the scenario file just... reappeared out of the blue following an install on a new PC. I can post the file here if anyone is interested in it.

Well. Its the damnedest thing. Despite it repeatedly being missing after many reinstalls previously, the scenario file just... reappeared out of the blue following an install on a new PC. I can post the file here if anyone is interested in it.
Yes, please post it, so we can help you, if it is dissappearing on your pc again. :)

Top Bottom