Secret Society Custom Leaders

AlexandriaWolf

Chieftain
I'd love to see leaders based on the new secret societies. But I'd like to go a step further... I'd like to be given the option of male or female leader (they can both have the same abilities, traits, etc.) and the ability to name them AND their civilization. Obviously, like the secret societies, it should be totally optional to play with them and if you choose to do so the 3 you aren't playing have a chance to show up in the game as well, with the leader having an AI generated leader and civ name. Even better, let players CHOOSE which abilities/traits they have from a list of all the possible abilities/traits in the game. I'd really love this sort of customization of play.

I honestly just like the idea of customization of leaders period. LOL Choose their traits and strengths and weaknesses however it is the devs currently decide on creating leaders. So like if you choose an especially war-like leader with military abilities maybe be suffers in the culture department and can't choose certain abilities, etc.

A belated welcome to the forum!

On the one hand, the codebase of civ6 might be more open to eventually have "any leader, any civ" style setup. (It isn't really that way now - for example, Eleanor is only shared by france and england in name only - behind the scenes she is two separate leaders that happen to share an ability.) However, true customization is probably something that requires a game to be designed around it. Civ4 would have been really good for this. I personally find it quite hard to design custom civs for civ6 that play as well as the firaxis ones - I give them that. I suspect that like eg Stellaris, many players would just end up minmaxing all the time.

Although, since you mention this in relation to secret societies, i would love to see each society have an actual diplomatic presence in the game. This could be via each having its own leader.

Right now each society is basically the "Hermetic Order of XYZ Empire" and outside of a small diplo change, the fact that other empires are also deeply invested in the same society as you is barely relevant. To some extent I would enjoy seeing each society sort of becoming a pseudo alliance, with its own goals and diplomatic opinions on things. You can go along with it are risk backlash. Half the fun of IRL conspiracies is thinking that these groups really do get governments to act at their behest.

Top Bottom