Serial Code

Originally posted by scottymalad
I'd need to speak to whomever I purchased the game from

Just curious, since even Padma doesn't know of one of these DL sites, can you tell us the place you bought the game from? It might be helpful to others...

Just bought the game for a SECOND time

Now this is curious. After having trouble with this once, and after hearing folks suggest that people have experienced problems with the DLed versions, you went and bought a DLed version AGAIN?!? Do you not have access to a store where you could pick up a disk? or are perhaps able to order a CD from an online store?

Seriously, if you register your copy and can provide proof of purchase I believe that Atari will cut you some slack and just charge you the cost of the CD. Of course that's only if you buy the CD. I really dig the instantaneity (is that a word) of downloadable software (just bought Quicken and Turbo Tax that way) and most companies that offer this service have solid transaction records so to provide you the serial number 5 times is no big thing. Unfortunately you have to have some identifying mark, like your email address to be able to do that. However, they have your credit card number and name so this info is all available to them (which makes me a bit dubious when I hear that you 'purchased' it 'again').

WORD: Burn the file you downloaded to a CD as well as a text file with the serial number that you received so you have a hard copy if this ever happens again.

>>WORD: Burn the file you downloaded to a CD as well as a text file with the serial number that you received so you have a hard copy if this ever happens again.

Yeah good idea, thanks....I have a DVD/R and I done that the other night.

>>Padma

??? I don't know who you mean. Basically I'm an old time CIV fan, I had the game on CD originally, but sold it to a mate, I downloaded it a year later (absence makes the heart grow fonder ya know).....but got rid of that PC. Basically it was a while ago, I can't remember where I got it from, you don't really want to remember thse things as it seemed like it didnt matter at the time :)

>>Buy again

When you click the "buy civilization" button thre is an option for "if you have already paid", you can enter the serial code. On that page there is an option for if you don't have the serial code. It asked for my e-mail address, failing that, it asks for your credit card number.

I filled in both, though it didn't recognise either......for sure if it ever happens again I won't be forking out thirty quid.....but it's a one off, and since I'm so fond of the game I really dont mind :)

Originally posted by sabo
Just giving you a little crap slug, and spamming a little thats all, no big deal.
No problem, I was just curious, although to be honest I usually prefer my crap donations in larger quantities. Oh yeah, and plastic, not paper.:lol: :D

Originally posted by scottymalad
Yeah good idea, thanks....I have a DVD/R and I done that the other night.

Come to think of it, I should do a back of my install. I really don't want to hunt down all those graphics again.:(

the CIV community on this forum is almost as supsicious as my missus!!!!! (almost!)

Hi guys,

I just wanted to jump in here and confirm that yes, we do have try-and-buy versions of Civ 3 available in the various peer-to-peer networks such as Kazaa. After about an hour of play, you can unlock a fully installed copy of the game via credit card. They represent a small part of our Civ sales, but a very convenient one for many of our players. (Though most people prefer to have a physical CD and manual.)

I am not involved in handling the distribution of said downloadable copies, so I'm not familiar with all the in's and out's of reobtaining your keycodes beyond what's included in the welcome email. Our tech support team would probably be your best bet if you are still having trouble.

Best,
Jeff Foley
Atari

I too downloaded the trial version (Kazaa) and I'm supposed to get about 6 hours game time (got 3 I think) and I have the option to buy it. This seems to answer most of the questions I posted on another thread about buying it online...

And Superslug, despite the incredible attractiveness of your name, you did kind of fly off the handle a bit...

Hmmm. . ..

Superslug. . .

SLUGfly. . .

Hmmm. . . . hmmm. . .

j/k all.

I have an account set up with Yahoo for their games on demand. Fifteen bucks a month, and I can play whatever they have there, for free. Well, not free, but it doesn't cost me anything to d/l it, since I subscribe to the service. Interestingly, the most popular game there is Civ3. Anyways, d/l'ing a game has it's upsides, as well as downsides. . .

Originally posted by SLUGFly
And Superslug, despite the incredible attractiveness of your name, you did kind of fly off the handle a bit...
Gee, ya think?:rolleyes:

Cableguy is right, I apologized. No that doesn't make it all better but I refuse to edit out my earlier remarks because that would be ducking out on consequence, reputation hit, whatever.

While I'm sorry for what I said, I'm even sorrier that poor Scotty had to shell out money for the game twice. Of course in some sense a lot of us paid for PTW twice...Anyway, I hope Scotty has poked around enough here to realize that this is generally a warm, friendly forum with very kind occasional involvement of representatives of the developers themselves (Jeff:goodjob: ).

This thread has been enlightening in regards to purchasable downloads of Civ. I obviously wasn't aware of as many ins and outs as I presumed...

Sorry, Scottymalad!

Top Bottom