Settler is OverPowered!

Mod the game. Give the settlers 100 str and crush all the other civs without building a single city

Sometimes when I played Rise of Nations, for sh*t and giggles, I would build turrets closer and closer to enemy cities, practically squeezing them and using the turrets as ranged "units". I wonder if, by packing cities really closely to each other and spanning them like crazy (perhaps garrisoning a good ranged unit in each) one could do the same in Civ V. I'm not about to try, as I can't start Civ V, but has anyone of you tried this?

Sometimes when I played Rise of Nations, for sh*t and giggles, I would build turrets closer and closer to enemy cities, practically squeezing them and using the turrets as ranged "units". I wonder if, by packing cities really closely to each other and spanning them like crazy (perhaps garrisoning a good ranged unit in each) one could do the same in Civ V. I'm not about to try, as I can't start Civ V, but has anyone of you tried this?

Yeah, it's a side benefit of using ICS. The AI do it frequently, and in MP it's also very common. Annoying...

Haha. I do this sometimes, either just for laughs in multiplayer or to mass-upgrade units if I invent a new tech, as well as provide a healing location.

I think the AI is merely looking for lands to settle :lol:

Your right, the AI is a land grabbing machine with no cohesive bone in its body. They should really exponentially raise the cost of settlers in the game or make them expensive to begin with, or maybe lower the flavor of settlers...........settlers, that was so last season :lol:

ICS FTW!!!

Actually, maybe that is why all the denouncements are in the game, all the random land grabbing is pissing off all the other AIs that they go to war and denounce each other so fast.

ICS FAIL!!

5 settlers can settle & then cities can produce/buy units. So in the end horde of 10 warriors will loose. :p

doesn't even have to wait that long, the 10 warriors will die after 5 cities are settled.

:lol: (btw, thread was just intended to bring a laugh...)

It be true, a plopped settler is the strongest siege unit until you hit artillery.:crazyeye:

Settlers don't work well together - 5 settlers lose to 10 warriors.

settle them in a good defensive position, so that the 10 warriors can't overwhelm the cities one at a time. Then the warriors will lose. In fact, if a city is in a bottleneck so that only 1 warrior can attack at a time, it's invulnerable to even infinite numbers of warriors.

Top Bottom