Share Affinity Victory condition tips! (Purity = annoying)

Yeah. Saving up money to buy them is certainly a valid option. With 12 firaxite, you could build one while saving to rush-buy another, and between the two, you could probably reduce it down to 11 turns. Not sure how to get it below that without a stronger unit. :p

With the emphasis on military strength, wouldn't it be easier to just dominate the AI with your Supremacy army than waiting to shove the same army down Earth's throat? Achievement not withstanding.

Harmony and contact are okay. Purity and supremacy are boring. It's faster to win a domination at this point of the game with you overpowered army.

With the emphasis on military strength, wouldn't it be easier to just dominate the AI with your Supremacy army than waiting to shove the same army down Earth's throat? Achievement not withstanding.

See my earlier point exactly.

See my earlier point exactly.

The only things I can think of are losses (both in tech and production and units) from major wars and not chasing around. I'm thinking the best way to see which strategy is better is to test it against human players. With purity at least, the emphasis is on defense, which fits protecting refugees from Earth.

I'm pretty sure all of the affinities have their techs spread out like that. It's just the question of how many of the affinity-related techs you chose to get because of their benefits, vs getting the tech purely for the affinity points.

I've found in both my purity and harmony games that once I'd gotten to around lvl 11 or 12, I was researching techs purely for the affinity points, because my empire was already un-assailable by the AI and there didn't seem to be any need to go after tile upgrades or new buildings, etc.

Level 11 or 12 was what I was aiming for as Purity. Getting there was the issue. As for my research path, it was my first Apollo game... I wasted very little research time. Once I got the basics I needed, I b-lined for affinity... and it still took WAY longer than Harmony or Supremacy. The Purity stuff was all over the place. Harmony was mostly straight right in a 90 degree fan. Supremacy was straight left in a similar fan. There some randoms sprinkles here and there, but I got the level I needed without having to chase many of those down.

That was not the case for purity.

Incidentally, Purity also feels like the most lackluster of the affinities. From unity to buildings, it bores me to tears. But that could just be me.

Top Bottom