Should we have a "Allow everyone to work mountains" community resource?

JNR13

Chieftain
Came across this issue while modifying the Ski Resort. Right now, any yields associated with a mountain improvement (like the Ski Resort) only appear for the Inca because of their UA to work mountain tiles.

Basically every mountain improvement mod will therefore have to make the change to make the respective modifier available to all civs, maybe linked to a certain tech (I'd propose mining).

I think it would be a good idea if we were to agree on some sort of community resource for that which can then be used as dependency by the respective mods.

Since the +2 production are a separate trait of the Inca, there wouldn't actually be any gameplay difference until the moment a mountain tile got a yield from another source. Of course, people would be free to add default yields to mountains with their own mods then.

well, you can add yields to mountains and then citizens can work them. In fact, Inca's values will be added as a bonus. I just wish I could get building a mine on mountains working.

Inca also have a separate modifier for even making mountains workable. For example, if you add yields to a mountain improvement (e.g. ski resort) and do nothing else, those yields will only show up for the Inca.

For mines on mountains you'd probably have to make a separate improvement which is "built adjacent" like other mountain improvements, then make everything applying to mines apply to them, too.

Top Bottom