Should we switch to researching polytheism?

Should we switch our research to polytheism?

• Yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No, keep researching literature

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No, switch to math or map making or something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your points are well taken chiefpaco but I want to point out that monarchy is 40 turns away by research. I think we'll have 6 or 7 of our cities by then (plus what we conquer from the Aztecs). I also do not think we will get monarchy through trade or conquest.

Originally posted by donsig
Your points are well taken chiefpaco but I want to point out that monarchy is 40 turns away by research. I think we'll have 6 or 7 of our cities by then (plus what we conquer from the Aztecs). I also do not think we will get monarchy through trade or conquest.

Cant have 6-7 cities more when you keep stalling out the border and city placement polls. and woo hoo lit is winning

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
woo hoo lit is winning

Does the phrase library ridden despotism mean anything to you?

(My favorite quote from the first demo game was farcical turn chat ceremony.) :king:

I would propose leaving it open until the start of the TC.
It wont harm, but maybe it becomes a flip-over?

1) Monarcy received very much support till I started showing support for lit and managed to gain lit into winning more polls than monarcy.

2) Donsig posted that poll with very little discussion and no consent from me. Yes we agreed that he'll post the polls and I'll post the didcussions, but as leader I need to know when he posts a poll. I did not see it till the day it was closed.... and it seemed many others did not see it either.

3) When we declare war on the aztecs they are going to lower science and put more money into lux/treasury to aid the war. Unless they already have lit we will not get it from them for peace.

(My favorite quote from the first demo game was farcical turn chat ceremony.) :king:

I believe that one was Shaitan's. It was actually in my sig for a while after he said it.;)

So far my favorite quote this term is a tie between:

OctavianX: "Now, for my daily complaint against donsig"
or
Cyc: "Bill, I think Strider meant George Washington of the once great Los Angeles Rams... "

or...perhaps my own reference to eyrei's citizen work release programs....

Nothing has really been as good though as "farcical turn chat ceremony".

Originally posted by Strider
1) Monarcy received very much support till I started showing support for lit and managed to gain lit into winning more polls than monarcy.

Check out this post in the FNSD thread Strider.

Monarchy has won three polls, literacy has won two and there was one tie. Lit has not won more polls than monarchy. The very first poll you did to try to figure out which way the citizens wanted to climb the tech the tech tree clearly showed that a path to monarchy was desired. Yet you have consistently ignored that and other polls showing that more citizens want monarchy than literacy.

Originally posted by Strider
2) Donsig posted that poll with very little discussion and no consent from me. Yes we agreed that he'll post the polls and I'll post the didcussions, but as leader I need to know when he posts a poll. I did not see it till the day it was closed.... and it seemed many others did not see it either.

When I posted that poll I put a link to it in the poll registry and the FNSD thread. I have done so with every FNSD poll I have posted this term. Is our illustrious science leader admitting he does not even read the science department thread? :king:

May Lit win so this argument is finally over. Unless donsig if you dont like the outcome you will keep polling it till you get your way.

When I posted that poll I put a link to it in the poll registry and the FNSD thread. I have done so with every FNSD poll I have posted this term. Is our illustrious science leader admitting he does not even read the science department thread? :king:

No.... I am merely metioning that I did not approve it, see it, or anything else. It could have been a day I forgot to check the science thread.... Who knows.... I am stating that it was not offcial sense it was not approved or posted by the leader and that a majority of the citizenry did not see it.

Like I've said before, Literature will do us NO good at this point in the game. We can't afford to build libraries or the Great Library for quite a while. Maybe a Temple or Granary here or there. It will be a waste of Science for the next 39 turns.
Monarchy on the other hand will give us a new Government, which will enable us to step up our production and commerce. We will be able to pay for our improvements and units instead of killing off our citizens. We will get the extra MP in our cities for population control. Our Science research spending can increase. Monarchy far outweighs Despotism as a Government in terms of benefits. And those benefits will enable us to become a Nation that can utilize Literacy and its benefits.

I said previously I would support Literature as an immediate goal to alleviate the bickering, but the bickering hasn't stopped, so I'm voting for Monarchy by way of Polytheism.

Top Bottom