SimBa - Simple Balance mod

COuld you maintain a manual version here as well? I don't have internet at home and have to transfer it.

Sure no problem. The most recent version is in the second post of this thread.

Glad to here some people are using this mod. :)

Health changes are the best I've come across so far. Surprised balance modders haven't talked about military strength balance though. Affinity techs could be brought in line if the end game units didn't roflstomp everything so hard.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

I am very open to further suggestions.

One thing I am thinking about is breaking this down into component mods. Even though this mod is fairly simple, breaking out the parts could improve its compatibility with other mods. (Lots, for example, modify the trade routes or the health system.) I'm not sure if there's any interest there.

I am sort of waiting for the patch, of course, to see what Firaxis does.

I am interested in component mods. I for the most part prefer your mod but there are tweaks from other mods I like as well that aren't compatible with yours.

That said waiting for the patch would be very reasonable before doing all that work and I encourage you to wait before making component mods.

Now that the current patch is out, component mods seem to be the way to go for sure. Half of the features in this "simple balance mod" (in spirit anyway) were incorporated into BE itself.

Which is great! Most players will never touch a mod. Glad to see the base game moving in a better direction.

Is there anything in particular that looks exciting? Perhaps a health replacement system? My glance at the patch notes suggests to me that they may have supercharged the value of health just a little bit overmuch in response to feedback.

I'll also take requests straight out of left field if there's a particular fix/tweak you'd like to see.

Top Bottom