Simple (at least it should be) trait not working.

Durkle

Chieftain
Hey everybody, part of my custom civs trait is that it grants faith upon settling a city. Sounds simple enough, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. Here's the code I have right now:
Code:
local iChickasaw = GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_CHICKASAW
function Kohta_Falaya_Founded(playerID, iCityX, iCityY)
    local player = Players[playerID]
     if (not player:IsAlive()) then return end
     if (not player:GetCivilizationType()==iChickasaw then return end
     local chickasawFaithPerTurn = ((player:GetTotalFaithPerTurn() + 1) * 10)
     player:ChangeFaith(chickasawFaithPerTurn)
end

GameEvents.PlayerCityFounded.Add(Kohta_Falaya_Founded)

To me it seems like this should work, but right now I don't get any faith from founding a city. What's wrong here?

Hey everybody, part of my custom civs trait is that it grants faith upon settling a city. Sounds simple enough, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. Here's the code I have right now:
Code:
local iChickasaw = GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_CHICKASAW
function Kohta_Falaya_Founded(playerID, iCityX, iCityY)
    local player = Players[playerID]
     if (not player:IsAlive()) then return end
     if (not player:GetCivilizationType()==iChickasaw then return end
     local chickasawFaithPerTurn = ((player:GetTotalFaithPerTurn() + 1) * 10)
     player:ChangeFaith(chickasawFaithPerTurn)
end

GameEvents.PlayerCityFounded.Add(Kohta_Falaya_Founded)

To me it seems like this should work, but right now I don't get any faith from founding a city. What's wrong here?

There's an error on this line: if (not player:GetCivilizationType()==iChickasaw then return end. You're missing a closing ) bracket.
In Lua, brackets around an if-statement aren't necessary as well, though adding them doesn't cause problems. E.g.
Code:
if something==somethingelse then
Is the same as (in Lua)
Code:
if (something==somethingelse) then

----
The Lua.log tells you about these issues, or at least gives you a general direction as to where the problem lies.

There's an error on this line: if (not player:GetCivilizationType()==iChickasaw then return end. You're missing a closing ) bracket.
In Lua, brackets around an if-statement aren't necessary as well, though adding them doesn't cause problems. E.g.
Code:
if something==somethingelse then
Is the same as (in Lua)
Code:
if (something==somethingelse) then

----
The Lua.log tells you about these issues, or at least gives you a general direction as to where the problem lies.
Wow, thank you. I guess sometimes you just get silly typos like this and need someone else to point it out for you...

Top Bottom