Single/Multiplayer VP Pack + Make Your Own Modpack + Lag/Stability/Crash Fixes + Dedicated Server Fix

yes you'd have to tell your mate to close their eyes haha

or play an alliance

Last edited:
I was just trying this in multiplayer and it worked...strangely. I could play a multiplayer game solo, but whenever me and another player tried playing in the same game, the other player's game would crash upon ending the turn 0. We could both play multiplayer games separately, but not together. We tried all the fixes at the beginning of the thread under the bolded "Multiplayer Stability" and "Possible Crash Fixes". We didn't try the Windows network changes though. Potentially stay tuned as I have other people I play with who run different hardware.

I was just trying this in multiplayer and it worked...strangely. I could play a multiplayer game solo, but whenever me and another player tried playing in the same game, the other player's game would crash upon ending the turn 0. We could both play multiplayer games separately, but not together. We tried all the fixes at the beginning of the thread under the bolded "Multiplayer Stability" and "Possible Crash Fixes". We didn't try the Windows network changes though. Potentially stay tuned as I have other people I play with who run different hardware.
In my experience turn 0 crashes were caused by mismatches in mod packs OR cache folder mismatch
Double check your dll folder that they are identical and delete cache

However i found this patch really unstable for multiplayer. worse than preceding versions.

Is there a way to access a previous version of this modpack? We’re getting CTD around turn 80 that we can’t get past at all.

Trying to find a good version. Which one is this?
From April 2018, gameplay side the game is, with few exceptions, the same as the newest version but the AI is not that good (but way better than vanilla AI), and hates every one.
I think most of the problems we face in the new versions are that a lot of optimisations have been made for solo game inside the "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" without looking at the stability of the multiplayer.

From April 2018, gameplay side the game is, with few exceptions, the same as the newest version but the AI is not that good (but way better than vanilla AI), and hates every one.
I think most of the problems we face in the new versions are that a lot of optimisations have been made for solo game inside the "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" without looking at the stability of the multiplayer.
Ill try it out. Thanks a bunch.

It's less that we don't look at multiplayer and more that we don't know what causes crashes in multiplayer, because the code for it hasn't been released.

It's less that we don't look at multiplayer and more that we don't know what causes crashes in multiplayer, because the code for it hasn't been released.
I've tried to get in contact with Firaxis but it's been dead silence from them for 2 years now

Any luck with modpack for 3.0.3? I'm trying to build it same way I always did, but now starting the modpack game results in instant defeat screen.

Top Bottom