SL Wiki Favicon

McMonkey

----Evertonian----
SLeague Staff
I was hoping to add a Favicon (which I just found out is the name of the icon for a website that shows up in the bookmarks bar) for the SL Wiki. I was wondering who to ask to get one added. I have made a very rough one but if anyone can come up with something better feel free!

Attachments

• SLfavicom.png
    SLfavicom.png
    288 bytes · Views: 247
I believe that it must be coded into an index page. I've never done it before. If you could find a tutorial that uses a wiki that would be very helpful.

Easiest way:

1. Create a nice-looking image (which still looks nice when reduced to 16x16),
2. turn it into a favicon using http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/ and
3. upload it (into the same folder as the index.php; the icon file must have the name "favicon.ico").

Here's a favicon-sized version of the civgroup icon we used to have on Apolyton. Maybe that's appropriate?

Attachments

• sleague.gif
    sleague.gif
    942 bytes · Views: 195
Everything has remained the same since it was setup. You should have the email from February. Give it a try.

Drew, just sent you an email. Let me know if you have a problem getting in. I use Filezilla. It's free and somewhat easy to use.

I tried logging in with the username and password in the e-mail and I got the following error:

Login error
There is no user by the name "sleague". User names are case sensitive. Check your spelling, or create a new account.

I am trying to log in on the Wiki itself. Is this correct?

No. The wiki login will not get you to the actual directory. The wiki is just a front end that allows for certain information to be displayed. You need to login using an FTP program, like FileZilla if you want to install the icon.

I'm normally up for learning new skills, but right now I have 101 things I need to be getting on with. As it is just this one thing to add can I be cheeky and ask you to do it HT? I apologize, I'm just a really needy person ;)

I have uploaded the favicon in .ico format.

Attachments

• favicon.zip
    521 bytes · Views: 124
Alright, should work. I just did the quick and dirty and dropped the icon in the main folder. Catfish, are you talking about the oldfiles in the current SL directory or the ones at Apolyton?

Top Bottom