Smarter Civilopedia

PurplePacifier

Chieftain
What I'd like to see is a Civilopedia that AUTOMATICALLY displays the attributes of a unit or a city improvement that is strictly based on the actual attributes and not display attributes written on the text file that aren't necessarily the actual attributes of the unit or the city improvement.

For example, the Civilopedia should somehow show the correct unit that a UU is suppose to replace, without me having to rewrite the text file everytime I change which regular unit a UU replaces. In my mod, I made the Berserk and the Samurai replace the medieval infantry. But I had to either rewrite that on the text file or just omit that information if ever I change my mind.

All the important attributes of a unit should be somehow displayed, like stealth, radar, hidden nationality, wheeled, amphibious, etc. instead of me typing in that info in the text, so that I don't have to keep rewriting everytime I make a modification. If I make a unit ignore the movement cost of a terrain, that should be automatically displayed. Like many other, I made the Keshik ignore movement cost of hills as well as the default mountains.

If I make a city improvement require another city improvement when it formally didn't, then that should be displayed somehow without me rewriting the text file. In my mod, I made the Courthouse a prerequisite for a Police Station; there should be city law before law enforcement. And I made the Mass Transit System require a Hospital since you don't get pollution caused by population until after a city size of 12.

The Civilopedia already does a good job of showing the required resources to build a unit, which unit it can upgrade to, and what tech is required to build that unit. But I'd like to see more of these automatic attribute displays.

Making constant modification to the game is what I enjoy in order to make the game more interesting. But I don't enjoy rewriting the Civilopedia text file.

One suggestion I have is to provide text boxes for the unit tab in the editor where I can write text that pertains the unit to have it show up in the Civilopedia during the game.

Top Bottom