::SNIFF:: My BTS disc 1 is too dinged up to read

JTMacc99

That's a paddlin'
Anybody have a suggestion on how to get this disc to read? Also, if I can get it to read on a different PC, would it be possible to copy the files to that PC and them transfer them back onto a DVD which I could then put into this PC, copy the files to my hard drive and then install it that way?

If you can get it to read on another PC you can copy the files and install as you suggest. If you patch to 3.19 that removes the need for the disc check so if your PC won't read the original disc at all you will still be able to play. Patches before 3.19 still need the original disc in the drive.

Thank you! Sadly, it doesn't read on the other PC either.

Sounds like you need to either find a CD cleaner, complete with the white goo to fill in scratches, or buy another copy of the game.

If you don't have the equipment yourself, your local library might have one that you can use.

Otherwise, I suppose that's a good lesson on the value of not placing the data side of the disc on surfaces where it will get scratched.

Ooh, the library is a good idea! Thanks.

Yeah, I was irresponsible with taking care of my disc, but a lot of it has to do with the day I put in the 3.19 patch and just tossed the disc in my briefcase. It was a lot safer when it never left the disc drive.

I should see exactly which files it can't read. If it's just the data1 file, maybe I could see if a friend could send me just a copy of that file.

Usually you can return the disc to the manufacturer and get a replacement for a nominal fee.

Usually you can return the disc to the manufacturer and get a replacement for a nominal fee.

I contacted 2K Games, and they gave me an address to send my troubled discs. If they can't clean/repair them, they will replace them. (The address actually says "2K Games Disc Replacement Program".)

Top Bottom