1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

so complicated !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by MasrTheEgyptian, Sep 8, 2006.

1. MasrTheEgyptian

MasrTheEgyptian Warlord

Civ IV is so complicated I think I will be visiting the quick answers section too often if only sid made a better tutorial !!!!!!!!!
    any way sid was talking in the tutorial about trading units I think he meant gifting as I didn't find any thing in the diplomacy as trade units

any way I want to know does it affect the AI's attitude if u gift them units or it's just some kind of a strategy ?

2. The Navy Seal

The Navy Seal Emperor

Actually it doesn't, which makes no sence what so ever. well it's hard at first but you'll get the hang of it.:goodjob:

3. flamingzaroc121

flamingzaroc121 Emperor

well actualyy, if you gift your units to an AI at war they will use them to attack

4. wkndwrrr

wkndwrrr Warlord

It is best to gift the AI that you are trying to befriend small bits of gold over long periods of time, support them in their wars, have the same religion as them, and have open borders to each other, but don't actually have touching borders. (so you both have to walk across a third parties land first or a natural barrier like a sea if you want to go into each others land) You should also support the same civics options as them. Eventually you can form a defensive pact, where you pledge to defend each other if one of you is attack, and at last you can form a permanent alliance, where you share your score, technological development, opinions of other nations, and are essentially two different provinces within a single country. Keep in mind that forming permanent alliances and defensive pacts with people will cause other AI's to resent your collective power.

5. bassist2119

bassist2119 Warlord

Try MOO3 for awhile, then come back to civ4... Ah, simplicity!

6. MasrTheEgyptian

MasrTheEgyptian Warlord

any way it's still so realistic complicated but realistic I like it :)

7. Codeman

Codeman King

this is when gifting units can be helpful. if you are at the top of the power chart they do not seem to want a permanent alliances as long as you are at the top. if you are, you can gift to another civ a couple units, just enough to become second in power, then sign the PA. once signed, you can rebuild. it usually only takes a couple units.

8. MasrTheEgyptian

MasrTheEgyptian Warlord

why don't they sign permanent alliances if u r the most powerful they should ask you for it ?

9. Codeman

Codeman King

10. MasrTheEgyptian

MasrTheEgyptian Warlord

wow codeman that PA thing is so cool ty for the link

11. Codeman

Codeman King

no problem mars...

12. cairo140

cairo140 2+2=5

Don't be afraid or intimidated if you cannot completely figure out the game after one go. Part of the wonder that makes Civilization IV a great game is that there are too many quirks and dynamics such that you cannot learn them all... ever. So just play more, complain less, and ask questions, not to mention have fun.

13. Older than Dirt

Older than Dirt King

Gift is not a verb. Give is a verb. I can hardly wait until we all speak a decent language like Spanish.

14. MasrTheEgyptian

MasrTheEgyptian Warlord

english is not my tounge any way :D

15. Mewtarthio

Mewtarthio Emperor

This is the English language we're talking about. You can make up new verbs just by using a noun in the proper manner. "If you'd like to access the scheduling seminar, I can pencil you in if you circle option B."

16. HectorSpector

HectorSpector Chieftain

Gift can be a noun or a verb, you ignorant spastic.

17. blaugh

blaugh Chieftain