Some basic Emancipation Victory tips

Duskblood

Chieftain
Got my first game in the bag...just some basic Emancipation Victory tips I learned.....

• Build a few units in advance to be ready to go through the gate when complete. You'll need units totalling 1000 strength for the victory (but you don't need them all right away, as you can only send one unit through the gate per turn).
  • The EG takes awhile to complete. Change your trade routes to trade production with the city that is building the gate to decrease the time. Initially my game indicated it would take 80 turns to complete but through trading I got it down to about 20.
  • Figure out what units you have you can build quickly that have a good strength number and that don't use up all your Strategic Resources.
  • Have a road/magrail built from your most productive cities to where the gate is.

On a side note, it was my understanding that the other Civs would gang up on you once you completed the gate to keep you from running away with the win. That did not happen to me. Possible because I played on the easiest level? Not sure....

Video here:

Link to video.

I've only played up to Soyuz so far (working up the difficulty ladder starting with Vostok) and all of my win conditions came with timers (Promised Land, Transcendence, and Contact) and the AI never touched me while on a victory run. In fact, they'd keep having wars amongst themselves while I was sitting behind a nice wall of battlesuits backed up by range and augmented with either a tacnet hub or a planet carver (depending on which chokepoint it was). I'm actually a bit sad that no one let me try out defensive tactics on my Soyuz/Contact game.

I don't think the AI will touch you if you're currently outscoring everyone.

I don't think the AI will touch you if you're currently outscoring everyone.

It will try if you really underbuild military. I was doing a MP game coop and the AI I forward settled attacked me when I only had a marine or two with 5+ cities. It wasn't the brightest attack considering it didn't have affinity units, its planes couldn't reach me, and it streamed only 1-2 units at a time after the initial 5, but it at least shows the AI will try.

It was only on Gemini difficulty as the friend I was playing with just got the game. I didn't take the AI seriously, and from this particular experience with the Slavic Federation attacking me, I didn't need to take it seriously. The only challenging thing about it was diverting tech away from just spamming pop/production/science using prosperity + trade route gouging so that I could build something that is capable of taking cities, as I only had rangers and marines.

I wound up wiping them off the map as an afterthought with a few gunboats with tac jets set to intercept. Boats are extremely fragile in this game, but they also bypass most of 1UPHs logistical issues with land combat, rarely would have issues with hills, and 4 of the stock tier 1 versions can completely flatline a capitol using a single volley before they build defensive structures, meaning their being fragile is of little importance if you can keep planes off them or get anything at all into range to take the city. You can do this with gunners too but they're less mobile.

Have lots of cash. Buy and send an Angel in every turn.

Had quite some trouble with keeping up with Fireaxite for this. Apostles were doable, as they were quite cheap and powerful, but half the strength of an angel unfortunately :(

Also, not that it matters a lot, but emancipation is the only victory which steam doesn't seem to register on the achievements. Anyone else has this too?

Had quite some trouble with keeping up with Fireaxite for this. Apostles were doable, as they were quite cheap and powerful, but half the strength of an angel unfortunately :(

Also, not that it matters a lot, but emancipation is the only victory which steam doesn't seem to register on the achievements. Anyone else has this too?

In single player you can buy firaxite from other factions, then it's easy. Disband your other firaxite using units and you only need enough for two angels.

I was busy winning with the promised land gate and I was attacked by FI and KP at the same time while on top of the scoreboard, could have been a fluke though and they couldn't do much against my lev destroyer

When you send a guy through the gate, do you get your firaxite back?

If you do, since the cost of an Angel is 370 hammers, the should cost (30 * 370)0.75 or 1080 gold to rush. With 88 strength, you'd need 11 of them and one CNDR to get a victory. CNDR costs (30 * 155)0.75 or 560 gold to rush. That's 12,440 gold in total, and you'll win in 12 turns.

Top Bottom