Some Unit Fxsxml Not working

Cmski

Chieftain
Hi,

I've been modding for a while and I've been finding unit models on the forum and using them in a mod I play with some friends.
Usually the files I use work fine such as the Sandworm, Naga and Drider from 'List of Available Fantasy Units' https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/list-of-avaliable-fantasy-units.521599/ which is here.

Some of the Fxsxml files just don't want to work when I import them into my mod, such as the Tyranids or Griffin, and I've found a reason but I can't seem to fix it. The Fxsxml files that aren't working don't point to the .dds art files. Attached is a screenshot of what I mean. When I try to write in the missing code it still doesn't work, does anyone have a solution? Because it seems to work for others and even if I try the original owner's mod the unit art works fine.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 161
[FYI, I was the one who reposted and reskinned those tyranids from Skajaquada's mod.]

The .dds references in the .fxsxml files don't actually do anything in-game. The true .dds references are actually held in the .gr2 model.

Can you be clearer about what "don't want to work" means? Are you sure you're importing all of the files into VFS? Have you checked whether all of your data has gotten into the database?

Here's a picture of what I get (Attached). I've imported lots of units before and they all work apart from the ones that don't reference a .dds.
Am I missing something? All the files are imported into VHS.

Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• Capture 4.jpg
    Capture 4.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 181
  • Capture 5.JPG
    Capture 5.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 229
Capture 5.JPG doesn't show the actual .dds files, but assuming that they are there, have you turned on logging; and are there errors in your database log? Have you looked at this file:
Code:
C:\Users\%username%\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\Civ5DebugDatabase.db
in a SQLite Browser (e.g., DB Browser, SQLiteSpy, etc.) to see if your art define entries are there and make sense?

If everything still looks good, it's much easier to just attach your built mod to help diagnose the issue.

Top Bottom