Spawning question

Hanny

Prince
lairs have a set rate drawn from the dificulty level, but also there is a number value set in the improvements file, what exactly is this second number doing, does it influence spawning rate and thus allow fine tunning of lairs?.

An example, say i create a new graphic which is the top and another which is the bottom, of a city. Now this is not a city it only looks like it in game, it actually spawns units, one type from the top and another different one from the bottom part of the lairs. Can i change the rate of spawing so that units dont arrive in tandem by changing the second number value?.

Another way to do what im after, is to have a planear gate, and asscociated other buidlings, that spawn units set up, but this means using a city which can be captured, rather than a lairs which end up destroyed, so what im after is a place, barb controlled, that visualy looks like a city, spawns units but when taken does not yield a new city, asa way of specificly getting units for the barb into play on a pre drawn map, ie ive tried citys with multiple spawing buidlings, but dont want the city being taken over, so want to repalce it with lairs instead.

If anyone can think of a better method, make my eve.....:)

Do you mean iAppearanceProbability? That is the chance out of 10,000 to have the improvement appear on any tile on random map generation.

Spawns are also done with a random check, so you don't have to worry about reliably getting both to spawn at the same time. It'll most frequently be one or the other each turn that anything spawns at all.

The bigger trick will be getting 2 improvements on a single tile

Do you mean iAppearanceProbability? That is the chance out of 10,000 to have the improvement appear on any tile on random map generation.

Spawns are also done with a random check, so you don't have to worry about reliably getting both to spawn at the same time. It'll most frequently be one or the other each turn that anything spawns at all.

The bigger trick will be getting 2 improvements on a single tile

My bad, i did not explain myself very well, im thinking of a north and south or an east or west double, so that it always takes up 2 tiles but looks like a single city sprawl. Its the more spawning im after, N S E and west might work if i did the graphics right for the parts and then i could have 4 potential spawns from something that looks like its only taking up a single tile.

I dont have the files in front of me, but if that number is to do with map generation, then only lair spawn rate from difficulty level can be changed then.

Top Bottom