Votes: 19 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • How do you that?

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

NeonInfusion

I live for Conquests.
I know all the functions and stuff, but I want to know, has anyone ever exposed an enemy spy?

I do this once in a while, but it never works. :confused:

I did it once... ONLY once...

Nope, I've never exposed a spy before. Probably never will since I rarely make it beyond the Industrial Age. By the time I'm that far I'm usually the only one left or managing my empire is so daunting that I just quit.

I haven't. I've tried it many times trying to get another civ to declare war on me (if my spy was planted successfully), and I have yet to expose one.

ihavent, but i dont think the AI gets enoguh moeny in regent games to afford to spy.

I havnt but I have had the ai attempt unrest in a city but it is rare.

I've done it loads of times... usually at a critical time as well!
I've even exposed enemy communist spies! (when I'm a demo)

I did it in a pbem.

At one point I was able to build Theory of Evolution and get Atomic Theory and Electronics for Free. 4 turns later I would have Hoover.

However, Jack Merchant was also keen on getting that, so he planned to:

- steal 3 techs
- sabotage my production of Hoover
- rush it himself with a leader.

One turn before I would build Hoover, Jack was only one tech away from succeeding. Then I exposed his spy, the only way to sabotage production.

Now he had to:
- plant a spy
- steal electronics
- sabotage the production

He failed in planting the spy, Hoover was mine and in the end also the victory [party]

Once after about three successful AI spy missions (sabotage, troop plans).

I've tried only once, w/ out success. But, I've never had the AI successfully implement a spy operation, to my knowledge. I've only been notified when a civ has failed to install a spy.

I tried twice , safely , faled , lost lots of gold and swear never try it again.

I've tried two times. The first one ended up being a "Spy Who Loved Me," but the second time it caused an international incident, and the civ declared war on me! (I won the war, however.... :goodjob: )

Originally posted by Yndy
Once after about three successful AI spy missions (sabotage, troop plans).

Do you get a popup when the AI suceeds like this?

Twice.
But only once on my own.

In the other case, it was "by accident":
A popup appeared that Germany exposed my spy, but "we were also able to catch their spy" (or something like that). I don't know what happens if such an ai spy mission is entirely succesful, I guess you would not be informed about the civ that actually removed your spy.

I've never caught another spy! I'm usually the jerky country takin' everyone else's stuff. Everytime I try to expose THEIR spy, mine is always caught and I just get screwed. :mad: Sigh...

Superevie :king:

Here's why:

To expose an enemy spy you need to make an obvious sting operation to do so. If they expose your spy you know who did it, and how (they have a good enough intelligence program to catch you). So if they dont have a spy they say "hey! not cool!" and if they do then you catch them and they cannot whine about it because you were justified.

Never worked with me. Althrough recently the AI exposed one of my spies, first time that ever happened.

Top Bottom