Stable Borders Diplomatic Option

DarkFyre99

Prince
And while I'm adding ideas I've had...

The Stable Borders diplomatic option is a treaty between two civs to agree to a stable border, as opposed to waging a "culture war" over tiles on their border. As fun as "culture wars" are, sometimes I'd rather devote those resources elsewhere.

When two leaders have agreed to Stable Borders, tiles under contention by the two Civ's culture go to whichever Civ has the closest city, rather than the Civ with the greatest amount of culture in that tile.

If a third Civ is also influencing that tile, the closer (but second place) Civ gets the tile only if its culture is greater than the 3rd Civ's. If the 3rd place Civ also has stable borders with both Civs, and it is closer than the other two, then and only then would it get the tile.

This option would also negate the "our close borders..." diplomatic penalty.

Isolationist leaders (like Tokugawa) would be more willing to agree to this than more open cultures. Leaders would also be more willing to take it if they gain more tiles than they would lose, especially if one of those tiles includes a resource.

I think stable borders should be part of every peace treaty. It's quite unrealistic that you can take the cities of your neighbours without having trouble with them.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom