Stopping a Giant Death Robot

Wear and Tear on the aircraft.

Tactical scale games often feature having to periodically rest your aircraft going on mission, which Civ V is imitating even though there is a year (or longer) between turns when you have them.

I also have a similar beef with a bomber taking damage from a warrior.(It shows the warrior throwing something at the bombers) and if it is pilot error, why does every bombing have to require me losing one 1 hp? They are suppose to be trained so them taking damage from pilot error when attacking someone like a warrior is a bit dumb. Especially after every battle.

Plus, the level of brokeness of theoretical Stealth Bombers that wouldn't take 1hp as damage per mission would be well over 9000.

Luckily for you, air repair is only a level 3 promotion. If you build your bombers in a city with all the military infrastructure, they will only be 15xp away from it. But then logistics gets further, so your call.

Do not let any GDR's make it to your continent. Even a trireme, will squash it on the open waters.

Plus, the level of brokeness of theoretical Stealth Bombers that wouldn't take 1hp as damage per mission would be well over 9000.

Luckily for you, air repair is only a level 3 promotion. If you build your bombers in a city with all the military infrastructure, they will only be 15xp away from it. But then logistics gets further, so your call.

Ya that is one of the first promotions I go for-. My beef with it is just a minor one and not a make or break.

Is there anything that can stop Giant Death Robots besides other Giant death robots and nukes?
Surround one with 5 warriors and 5 archers. Suicide your warriors against it's giant metal feet and then plink at it with your stone tipped arrows until it dies.

Basically, anything can stop a GDR, if you have enough of anything. Enough, being 10 ;) .

Wear and Tear on the aircraft.

Tactical scale games often feature having to periodically rest your aircraft going on mission, which Civ V is imitating even though there is a year (or longer) between turns when you have them.

That's *really* unbalanced though for other situations, for instance the 5 archers with logistics killing a GDR. If you're out-teched that badly then you deserve to lose, it's that simple. I can see maybe a city-attack always doing counter-attack damage but not every unit.

Since vanilla civ5 has all units costing the same maintenance, it doesn't make sense to not upgrade your units (other than well promoted crossbows that would lose much of their prowess). Unless you never got your economy going, of course.

Top Bottom