Strange Fall of France bug (Not CTD)

Killeritch

Chieftain
I'm playing a game as Greece. Germany captured Paris in 1941 (so after I'd joined the Allies), triggering the Fall of France event. For the most part, it worked fine: the zone libre went to Vichy France, as expected, Nice and a couple of tiles around it went to Italy, as expected, but the zone occupée was a bit weird. All of the cities in it went to Germany, and tiles east of Metz, which were already German, stayed German, but the tiles west of Metz went to me. (It didn't seem to be related to which tiles Germany had already captured, because I got some of their tiles from around Paris)

Of course, I didn't have any units in France so this bug was largely self-correcting - after the barbarian turn the game gave most of my new lands to Germany, but some went back to France. That said, the bug was very jarring and broke my immersion somewhat. Also, I've had the Fall of France work fine in a game as Germany, so is the problem that the event gives the cities to Germany but the tiles to the player? I may start games as the USSR or Italy in future, if I do I'll let you know what happens in those.

I did all the stuff in the Read this first! post, deleted the cache, checked I only had one copy of the mod, enabled logging, then tried to replicate the bug and did so. This time Germany took a turn longer to capture Paris, and so owned a slightly different set of tiles, but it was the same ones which went to me, the ones west of Metz.

I've created a Google Drive folder with a .txt copy of the Lua log, and saves from before and after the second time the bug happened: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1r-2IegLqwyWGF1clRkb09UbGc&usp=sharing

Top Bottom