Strategies for simutaneous landing

Lily_Lancer

Deity
My game setting is Apollo, random civ, random carry-ons and random map, simutaneous landing.

The simutaneous landing is really interesting, making the game at least a little bit challangeable. I get much fewer artifacts, resource pods or ruins, while having to face stronger enemy.

Virtue:
The explore+30 science is still a definite early game choice, although you get fewer ruins, that's still a lot.

After that I usually go for military tree to get the +20% affinity point.

Without Rise and Fall settlers cost 186 prod, really a lot so the free settler seems to be a good choice, but in Rise and Fall it cost 95 prod so its not very difficult to build. So I go directly for the most valuable policy. (+20% affinity point), also a chance of 1 free affinity which can be used for emergency.

Science:
Pioneering and Engineering is my choice since if you settle with Titanium that city will be much better with the 5 prods. Then goes for Physics, then Pharmalab. For middle game there're so many choices.

Build:
Now that Engineering and Physics provides 7 affinity point it is difficult to build cheap soldiers. So cheap gunners shall be taken into consideration. Under "simutaneous landing" AIs spawn close to you early and dislike your "low military" things, so it is hard to maintain friendship and you have to war. 14-strength Gunners are at least somehow better to defend you.

Strategy:
My goal is try to get double-6 or double-7 affinity ASAP, which unlocks the T3 soldiers, rangers, ships and ranged ships. In "simutaneous landing" all AIs usually have 7 affinity so T2 rangers at T100. If you get T3 then you dominates him.

That's also why I value the military virtues. The quicker you get double-7 the quicker the hunt begins.

Triple-5 affinity gives you -25% unhealthy and +5 health, making it very worthwhile.

This is for land. If you do aquatic landing then try to get a quick 2-affinity and destroy your neighbor with ranged ships, otherwise he will destroy you quickly.(Aquatic cities are very bad at defending, why?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom