Strong Deity start

Anyone interested in a turn 0 save as France on Deity?

Large continents, everything is standard setting (number of civs, water level, turn speed etc.)

Hill in the middle of a salt plain. 5 salt resources, 1 cotton within reach of capital city spot + the Uluru natural wonder. You can snag Earth Mother too. Sadly, even with this setup I was the last to get a religion, I suppose there are some insane religion civs on the other continent. Other info you might not want to know:

Spoiler :
Continent is shared with Siam, Korea, India and the Incas. You can steal workers from Korea and still get a DoF after you send a caravan at him. Only the Inca got a religion on my continent.

There are two viable expansion spots. One is near 3 salt and 2 sheep, on a river. The other one is near 3 deer, 1 cow, 1 cotton and 1 silver, next to a mountain. Capital gets 2 horses x 2. Mountain expo gets 2 iron spots, one has 6 the other 2. You can snag HS or Borbodour, but probably not both unless you chop like a madman. The city states within reach are sub par and India gets the barb camp they target...

Save file

Screen:

Spoiler :

I have never tried a game on Deity but have been thinking about giving it a shot. I'll probably get my butt handed to me but what the hey. Can you attach the save?

Please post it. I'm getting so spoiled, I only like the good starts now.

Yep. You can unrar it. That's how I post it because I upload it on totalwar.org where I'm a mod. That's how we upload TW game save files to avoid any corruption.

*screams* Faith taken care of... salt... deer.... my eyes... MY EYES!!!
Gotta play this one :p

the big question.... mountain... river... or hill to get extra salts... I'm leaning towards river...
the spot where the OP planted might look good, but his early game is slow, because no first ring resource... and only a handful of river plains the capitol's growth will start to stall in its teens I'm thinking... so I need more river tiles... I'm thinking of shifting my capitol a bit to the south east (prolly will explore south of Uluru a bit)

I save scummed a TON, but I got the Parthenon, HS and Borbadour, as well as Pagodas for my religion (restarted). Now I just have to beat an angry Siam to the Sistine Chapel.

Does Siam actually invade? I thought he was peaceful but he started coveting my lands recently and started dancing swords around the border.

I save scummed a TON, but I got the Parthenon, HS and Borbadour, as well as Pagodas for my religion (restarted). Now I just have to beat an angry Siam to the Sistine Chapel.

Does Siam actually invade? I thought he was peaceful but he started coveting my lands recently and started dancing swords around the border.

I'm pretty sure any AI would covet that land. Its what I now refer to as a 'Covetous Start' and it needs a strong defense before too many turns go by.

Can someone unzip the file for me? It seems windows doesn't recognize the rar extension

Could you please just post the file in regular format next time? Not everyone enjoys downloading betas and trial ware programs from uncertain websites.

You guys must definitely be young. WinRar was THE rar program to use back in the day. I can't say I know of any one software that I trust more.

Also, I can't upload the save on civfanatics. I get this message:

"You may only upload or link to the following extensions: zip rar ace tar gz 7z txt pdf civ5mod"

It's funny how cifanatics itself recognizes the rar archive you guys deem "untrustworthy" and not the save format of civ 5 :)

Here is the link to the save file.

Just use 7 zip, its much betetr than WINRAR. You used to have to pay for it anyway.

Im guessing this wont work if i dont have Korea will it?

Awww man. I'm bummed out. "Required DLC is not available." I guess I should have looked at the spoilers and I would have seen the DLC civs.
I looked at the DLC's in the Steam store. Looks like there are 11 of them. Which ones do you need to play this map?

Spoiler :
I started this game like most games but since it said OP starting position I decided to try to play with full honor before any other policy. I need to work on my warmonger game and also going full honor first can make the game alot more difficult. I went Scout, Scout first and ran into Korea and Siam right away. Korea built Busan 5 hexes from me so I decided to just build archers and upgrade them to Comp Bows for easy take downs. I decided not to research pottery first as I usually do since I was going full honor and I built my cap ontop of the salt for fast trade. I researched Arch, Mining, animal husb, and after that I went Pott. Very odd tech order for me but I wanted to try something else. I could of went the faith route but I ignored it completely. Instead I decided to take the AI's church and use the faith later for GP purchases. So I built 5 archers asap, two scouts and a warrior for a total of 2. On turn 52 I was upgraded to the Comps and ready to start the war. I took out Busan and Korea fell on turn 67 for a total of 15 turn war. Thats when I got lazy instead of trying to press into Siam and India I just allied up and started trade routes and building things like happy buildings and what not. I was having fun repairing and plundering the salt and farms that are outside my borders. I was getting an average of 25 gpt doing that, I found it funny but in the long run it is paying for 2 universites. I bribed India and Siam into two wars in the last 35 turns or so to help slow them down and hopefully keep armies weaker for when I attack. Korea built back a few cities and planted one right where I was going to put my own so I guess thats nice. That is my next war most likely, try to take that city for my own and peace out after. I still haven't met the AI's on the other cont. and since I only play conts game on MP it is strange for me to make scouting over there a priority, Im so used to Pangea. ( The reason I don't play Conts is because the AI is slower and I think the game is easier with any water maps but the change is nice, and it is nice to share the game with you all and read all of your comments on how you all played the same map. ) So Im on turn 130 , the last pic of mine is turn 101and you can see how I haven't improved most of my hexes again (Sherbz lol!). I get too focused on war and army. After this pic I did build some more workers and started to build some improvements. Im about 8% behind on Tech and although I would love to slingshot the tech tree ( I find that exploit very funny, and I have messed it up as many times as having future techs 8 times over ), I might just play a more traditional RA type of game. So thats about it Im gonna head back into the game and should finish and post within 24hrs
If anyone can help me on my 3rd pic turn 67 after taking Seoul you can see how I've been playing the game for over a year now. My pop icons are small and when I lock the hexes down they are pitch black instead of full lock icon. Anyone know how I can get it back to original settings. I've tried reinstalling the game a few times and steam but still doesn't work, I remember I was playing around with some sort of settings a long time ago and it changed to that and can't seem to get it back, it also gives me strange icons for some wonders and when Im building them.

Attachments

• War...jpg
    War...jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Seoul has Fallen.jpg
    Seoul has Fallen.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 220
Spoiler :
I started this game like most games but since it said OP starting position I decided to try to play with full honor before any other policy. I need to work on my warmonger game and also going full honor first can make the game alot more difficult. I went Scout, Scout first and ran into Korea and Siam right away. Korea built Busan 5 hexes from me so I decided to just build archers and upgrade them to Comp Bows for easy take downs. I decided not to research pottery first as I usually do since I was going full honor and I built my cap ontop of the salt for fast trade. I researched Arch, Mining, animal husb, and after that I went Pott. Very odd tech order for me but I wanted to try something else. I could of went the faith route but I ignored it completely. Instead I decided to take the AI's church and use the faith later for GP purchases. So I built 5 archers asap, two scouts and a warrior for a total of 2. On turn 52 I was upgraded to the Comps and ready to start the war. I took out Busan and Korea fell on turn 67 for a total of 15 turn war. Thats when I got lazy instead of trying to press into Siam and India I just allied up and started trade routes and building things like happy buildings and what not. I was having fun repairing and plundering the salt and farms that are outside my borders. I was getting an average of 25 gpt doing that, I found it funny but in the long run it is paying for 2 universites. I bribed India and Siam into two wars in the last 35 turns or so to help slow them down and hopefully keep armies weaker for when I attack. Korea built back a few cities and planted one right where I was going to put my own so I guess thats nice. That is my next war most likely, try to take that city for my own and peace out after. I still haven't met the AI's on the other cont. and since I only play conts game on MP it is strange for me to make scouting over there a priority, Im so used to Pangea. ( The reason I don't play Conts is because the AI is slower and I think the game is easier with any water maps but the change is nice, and it is nice to share the game with you all and read all of your comments on how you all played the same map. ) So Im on turn 130 , the last pic of mine is turn 101and you can see how I haven't improved most of my hexes again (Sherbz lol!). I get too focused on war and army. After this pic I did build some more workers and started to build some improvements. Im about 8% behind on Tech and although I would love to slingshot the tech tree ( I find that exploit very funny, and I have messed it up as many times as having future techs 8 times over ), I might just play a more traditional RA type of game. So thats about it Im gonna head back into the game and should finish and post within 24hrs
If anyone can help me on my 3rd pic turn 67 after taking Seoul you can see how I've been playing the game for over a year now. My pop icons are small and when I lock the hexes down they are pitch black instead of full lock icon. Anyone know how I can get it back to original settings. I've tried reinstalling the game a few times and steam but still doesn't work, I remember I was playing around with some sort of settings a long time ago and it changed to that and can't seem to get it back, it also gives me strange icons for some wonders and when Im building them.

need to upgrade to your direct x drivers to 10 or 11

Top Bottom