Submarines & Privateers invisibility

Camio405

Chieftain
After updating to Rise & Fall, I noticed that privateers and submarines are now VISIBLE to enemy cities EVEN if they are within two tiles from cities and without any enemy units close by, or enemy worked tiles, or anything that breaks their invisibility!!!!
I count a lot on my naval units and this (introduced bug) is very frustrating.
Anybody encountered that? any solutions?

I have encountered the bug. Had a couple of privateers wiped out when they should not have been visible to the enemy.

I've also had naval raider units attached by land units that should not have been able to see them and not within proximity to a city.

You've always been able to "see" them by "trying out" tiles that you can move to. Get the red circle, there's a ship. That you're not supposed to see, lol.

The whole system has been messed up from the start, though. It is crazy that privateers are somehow magically invisible, despite being ships with frigging sales. And the AI doesn't see them even when they've just shot at you. Oh, and how about the bug where you can see these "invisible" ships' graphics even through fog of war? Just a total mess these raider class ships are.

You've always been able to "see" them by "trying out" tiles that you can move to. Get the red circle, there's a ship. That you're not supposed to see, lol.

The whole system has been messed up from the start, though. It is crazy that privateers are somehow magically invisible, despite being ships with frigging sales. And the AI doesn't see them even when they've just shot at you. Oh, and how about the bug where you can see these "invisible" ships' graphics even through fog of war? Just a total mess these raider class ships are.

Yes I can see them by "trying out" tiles, no problems here! The problem is that they can see me WITHOUT "trying out" tiles!! This bug started after (Rise & Fall ) update!

Well privateers were not enemy ships as per usual. What I mean is that any ship could be a privateer in any given time, and you wouldn't have any way to know it, unless he started to attack you.

They were like mercenary ships from particulars (hired by governments) and could or could not be properly identified. Maybe that's what the game is trying to reflect here with this invisibility thing.

Also yes, I've noticed the bug too.

I've had a barbarian crossbow shoot at a privateer when there weren't any barbarians adjacent to the privateer...

Top Bottom